Screen integrated parking sensors - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-08-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Screen integrated parking sensors

Hi there,

First post here. I am 26 from Barcelona (Spain). Bought a Mazda CX-3 Luxury (highest spec in Spain) 1.5 diesel and should be getting my new car in a couple of weeks.

I added as an extra the front parking sensors (rear ones come as standard here), to find out a bit later on that the Mazda CX-3 system does not include screen integrated parking sensors, it just beeps.

Now that is a bit disapointing if you take into account that pretty much any other car with original parking sensors has got this feature, which I find really handy.

But reading about this for weeks I find a few things a bit strange:

1 - The Mazda 3, with the same MZD Connect, has screen integrated parking sensors.
2 - Mazda Australia offers them as an option. You can find the link here:

Accessory Details

Now is there any way on Earth that they can be added to our Mazda CX-3 if we are not from Australia? How do they do it? How can the Mazda 3 have them and not our CX-3?

Thanks
vikdream is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 02-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Senior Member
 
greaseman85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 893
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase.

I think as you'll find out by spending some time on the forums, you'll find that there are more differences between the different region CX-3's than similarities haha.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
greaseman85 is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 02-08-2016, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
 
drs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Is there no screen integration for the rear sensors also?

It is one of my favourite features :/

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT
drs88 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 02-08-2016, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase.

I think as you'll find out by spending some time on the forums, you'll find that there are more differences between the different region CX-3's than similarities haha.
Thanks!

I know I have been reading this and other CX3 forums for a long long time now.

The question is, if it can be done in Aussie, how do they do it and how could it be done in the US/Europe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs88 View Post
Is there no screen integration for the rear sensors also?

It is one of my favourite features :/
Nah, I even read the user's manual. I could not believe it.

But apparently the Mazda 3 has got them as standard, using the same systems?
vikdream is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 02-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Senior Member
 
drs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikdream View Post

Nah, I even read the user's manual. I could not believe it.

But apparently the Mazda 3 has got them as standard, using the same systems?
That sucks! It is actually a standard feature here in 3 of the 4 trim levels. If its any consolation we generally get screwed over by the European manufacturers with silly things like that in Australia!

I've seen threads where people have managed to fit other features from other markets that were not standard in theirs, so I'm sure it can be done somehow.

Is Mazda big enough in Spain to have specialist technicians? I had a similar problem with my last BMW, the car didn't have Bluetooth installed but had all the buttons in place from other markets. There were a few companies that offered conversions using manufacturer parts from overseas.

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT
drs88 is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 02-15-2016, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I spoke to Mazda Australia and they said it was a feature developed by them for the Australian market only. They were actually very nice and quick.

Sent an e-mail to Mazda Spain as well and I am still waiting for the response... I think I will never get it

I will speak to my dealer once the car arrives in Spain but I have got no hope of them helping at all. The good think is that before buying the car they told it definately had screen integrated parking sensors. It is not going to stop me buying the car but it is a huge-ish disapointment!
vikdream is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 02-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Senior Member
 
drs88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikdream View Post
I spoke to Mazda Australia and they said it was a feature developed by them for the Australian market only. They were actually very nice and quick.

Sent an e-mail to Mazda Spain as well and I am still waiting for the response... I think I will never get it

I will speak to my dealer once the car arrives in Spain but I have got no hope of them helping at all. The good think is that before buying the car they told it definately had screen integrated parking sensors. It is not going to stop me buying the car but it is a huge-ish disapointment!
I'm sure you will still love the car when it arrives. Maybe someone will come up with a way to replicate what Mazda Aus has done in Spain later on.

Mazda CX-3 S-Touring Deep Crystal Blue 6MT
drs88 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome