User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
blindspot beeps not beeping

So I have the volume turned up to high but when a vehicle is coming into my BS area, no sound.

But then I get a beep sometimes when I moving around cars or making turns.

The tech in this car needs to be tweaked.

I had the system updated at the dealer for issues with the nav not showing up on the HUD, and there's a Bluetooth update available.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT, 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Sport Sedan, 1990 Mazda Miata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
I believe this was asked not too long ago, it doesn't beep when a car comes into your blindspot otherwise that would get annoying fast. It only beeps when you activate the turn signal while the blindspot light is on. Also it beeps if you're backing up and it detects objects behind you.
blitzebill likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Thanks Greaseman! I remember now!

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT, 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Sport Sedan, 1990 Mazda Miata

post #4 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post
I believe this was asked not too long ago, it doesn't beep when a car comes into your blindspot otherwise that would get annoying fast. It only beeps when you activate the turn signal while the blindspot light is on. Also it beeps if you're backing up and it detects objects behind you.
Thank goodness for it beeping to warn you of an approaching car when backing up. That little item has saved me a few times lately when backing up and I am between big SUVs or trucks with dark tinted windows and can't see a thing!

But I have found that it will beep unexpectedly when I go around a corner and there is not a car or anything else that I should be warned about. Three short beeps each time. This happens when I turn into my driveway and my flashers are not on. I have no idea what it is trying to tell me.
greaseman85 and blitzebill like this.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 05:09 PM

Garage
No problem blitzebill.

Geezer, I know that really startles me sometimes when I'm making a turn and all of a sudden it'll beep. It makes me think I didn't see a person crossing the street or something, or maybe there's someone on a bike. But I think its just the BSM being too sensitive and thinking the curb or a pole is a car/person.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post
No problem blitzebill.

Geezer, I know that really startles me sometimes when I'm making a turn and all of a sudden it'll beep. It makes me think I didn't see a person crossing the street or something, or maybe there's someone on a bike. But I think its just the BSM being too sensitive and thinking the curb or a pole is a car/person.
That isn't the blind spot monitoring when you are making turns and there's no one beside you. That would be the rear cross traffic alert. If you have a car behind you and you make a right turn while the car behind you goes straight, your car will see that car as if it was cross traffic moving behind you. It's a matter of perspective in how your car sees the relative motion between the two cars. I find it annoying that it alerts when I'm not in reverse and there's no reason to care about what traffic is doing behind me unless they are closing in on an intercept course and about to ram into me.
greaseman85 likes this.
post #7 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 06:20 PM

Garage
Thanks for explaining that Vipre.
post #8 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post
That isn't the blind spot monitoring when you are making turns and there's no one beside you. That would be the rear cross traffic alert. If you have a car behind you and you make a right turn while the car behind you goes straight, your car will see that car as if it was cross traffic moving behind you. It's a matter of perspective in how your car sees the relative motion between the two cars. I find it annoying that it alerts when I'm not in reverse and there's no reason to care about what traffic is doing behind me unless they are closing in on an intercept course and about to ram into me.
It can't be the RCTA, since that is only enabled when You're in R (both automatic and manual transmissions).
So it must be the BSM, though the two systems are very much connected, since they use the same radar detectors.

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
It can't be the RCTA, since that is only enabled when You're in R (both automatic and manual transmissions).
So it must be the BSM, though the two systems are very much connected, since they use the same radar detectors.
I'm not so sure about that because when mine does it, I've not obseverved any warning indications in the side mirrors indicating that it's a blind spot alert unless I just missed it. Every time it occurs is when I have a car behind me that goes straight rather than turning with me. When you turn, it appears, from the car's sensor perspective that the car behind you is now moving laterally relative to your car. It is certainly possible that the BSM system is picking up roadside objects as blind spot hazards, but I have not seen a corresponding mirror light when it does it on my car. Is it possible that at the moment you first turn in that the car behind you is now in the BSM area for a very brief moment which triggers the alert sound, but maybe it is wasn't long enough to trigger the LED? I'm not sure why there would be more delay on the LED illumination vs sounding an alert noise.
post #10 of 13 Old 01-28-2016, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Just to follow up, the three quick beep warning happens when I am alone with no other cars in sight. It happens not only when I turn into my driveway, but also when I am turning the corner to the street (gravel road, actually) where I live. There are no poles or shrubs to explain it in this second instance, but when I turn in to my driveway there is a massive rock right beside the entrance that could explain it. I would look around to see if there is a light flashing to signal what the problem is, but I am too focused on the road ahead to look around on the dash or the rearview mirrors (as I should be).

I should also mention that I get the same three beep warning when I am at the end of the driveway and I step out of the car to get the mail and newspapers. I thought this was probably the car complaining that since I have the key in my pocket, I need to be careful not to go out of range.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode