Doors locking automatically - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-15-2016, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Doors locking automatically

I have one big beef about the startup behaviour of the CX3. Once underway, I notice that all the doors lock. OK, that would make car-jackers pause a second or two, and it would prevent kids from opening the doors from the inside.

However, I have a horror of being trapped inside a car with no way out after an accident. When I hear the clunk of the doors locking it bothers me a bit. Is there any way to defeat this "safety feature?"

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-15-2016, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Read your Owners Manual, Section 9-10 titled Personalization Features. Lot's of customizing to your tastes. Auto-door locking is just one of the many items you can customize.

Ceramic GT, AWD, 18% Window Tint, Matte Black Enkei Raijin 18x8 with Black Spline Drive Lugs, 225/45R18 Michelin AS3, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mat, Splash Guards, De-Badged Tailgate, Black Plastic-Dip Accents
post #3 of 15 Old 01-15-2016, 04:41 PM
JPA

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Owners manual 3-16.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3-16_Doors_and_locks.pdf (68.8 KB, 644 views)

CX-3 2.0 SKYACTIVE-G Premium Plus 6MT AWD

post #4 of 15 Old 01-15-2016, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
Yes plenty of features can be enabled/disabled/changed through the settings menu. I generally just go through all the settings without looking at the owner's manual, its a better way to see what your car can do and what settings are available.
post #5 of 15 Old 01-15-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Done! Thanks guys.

I would attempt to read the manual, but at my age my A.D.D. acts up and I find it hard to get past the first chapter...

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 Old 01-15-2016, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
3-11 of the owner's manual
 (Door unlock (control) system with collision detection)   This system automatically unlocks the doors in the event the vehicle is involved in an accident to allow passengers to get out of the vehicle immediately and prevent being trapped inside. While the ignition is switched ON and in the event the vehicle receives an impact strong enough to inflate the air bags, all the doors are automatically unlocked after about 6 seconds have elapsed from the time of the accident.   The doors may not unlock depending on how an impact is applied, the force of the impact, and other conditions of the accident.   If door-related systems or the battery is malfunctioning, the doors will not unlock

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore ◊ Stroke: 83.5 ◊ 91.2 mm (3.29 ◊ 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0
post #7 of 15 Old 01-15-2016, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
There is another nice feature that applies the brakes if the vehicle is rear ended. This prevents a dazed driver from running into the back of another car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf secondary collision prevention.pdf (126.1 KB, 1064 views)

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #8 of 15 Old 01-16-2016, 12:26 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I'm a big fan of the keeping the FOB in my pocket. I like to use the bottom on the door handle and the feature that auto-locks my car when i walk away from it.

2016 CX-3 AWD GT - Ceramic Metallic
post #9 of 15 Old 01-16-2016, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
There is another nice feature that applies the brakes if the vehicle is rear ended. This prevents a dazed driver from running into the back of another car.
It would be interesting to find out if this is yet another technology that is included in European cars but left off North American cars. Like smart braking and adaptive cruise control.

post #10 of 15 Old 01-16-2016, 04:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
That does sound like a great feature, especially since I've been rear ended a number of times over the years, although fortunately I only ran into the back of the car in front of me on one of those occasions.

I was also wondering, like Geezer, if this was a standard safety feature, or something that requires you to have the city braking feature. Is it something I can check in the owners manual once I get my CX-3?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode