User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-08-2016, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
MMS Mazda Mobile Start

Very disappointed in this feature. $500 install ($65/yr after 1st yr)and it has not worked in our new CX3 since installed three months ago. Dealer "working on it" now.

We DO NOT LIKE the Mazda Mobile Start - it takes minutes for the App to function/connect plus App requires your NAME, PW, PIN.

Heck I can get to my bank account easier and much more quickly than start this car! YUK Would opt for the key FOB Remote Start and keep the $500 for the MMS plus eliminate all this hassle.

VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS!

Would NEVER purchase this again. If this log in to Start does not improve, less time and less entries, this feature will fail. Very poor field testing, must be something Mazda USA came up with not Japs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-08-2016, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
I'm not sure what the warranty would be on accessory installs, but you could probably argue for a swap to the key fob system.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD, Red/Parchment
post #3 of 14 Old 03-01-2016, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Doubt that a regular key fob would even be possible for this system as it stands today but I would be happy to have one. :-)

I am very disappointed also. I did not request remote start, it was installed on the car I wanted, but having a Chevy remote start for PA winters was very nice, I thought it would be good to have this one too! NOT!! its a horribly designed system, as it stands I would never pay for the annual service going forward.

My complaints:

The app takes too long to sign in (requiring password and pin every time, then up to 2 mins to sign in!!!) Needs to allow fingerprint as does my bank!!

'Remember me' does not work!!!!

After initiating remote start as soon as you open the door it shuts off the engine!! necessitating starting the car again!!! Whats up with that?? (As far a I know Mazda is the only one that intentionally does that!!!!

If I have the key-less entry key with me and opened the door then please do not shut down the engine!!! If somebody breaks in while the car is running and activates the anti theft system then by all means shut it down!!!!!!

Also it does not automatically adjust the interior air for hot or cold as my 10 year old chevy did and most other remote start systems (heat for cold days and cool for hot days) It does allow you to turn on the rear defogger from the app but not the forward defrost setting???!!!!!

Cannot see whether or not the car is actually locked (advertised)

I would sell it back to the dealer for $50 if I could! Almost worthless as it stands today!!!

post #4 of 14 Old 03-01-2016, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
I don't understand why this requires an app with a subscription where the app sends a signal to some distant servers, then the servers sends the signal to the car. It seems like a unnecessary complication of something simple that has been accomplished for years with a friggin' key fob.....

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #5 of 14 Old 03-01-2016, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I have this option on my CX-3. Mine works with no problems at all, I wonder if it was the way it was installed?
I do agree though that it should not need to be logged into as many times, the interface is cumbersome to me. From my understanding they make the car turn off for security reasons, I do like your idea that if I have my keyfob then it should not turn off. I did not get the automatic controls in my CX-3 (I went with a mid level CX-3) however I just leave mine at the settings I need and it works fine, The defrost on the front and the heated seats turn on when the vehicle does.

I hope they can get it sorted out for you @sherrycx3
post #6 of 14 Old 03-02-2016, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPANT View Post
I have this option on my CX-3. Mine works with no problems at all, I wonder if it was the way it was installed?
I do agree though that it should not need to be logged into as many times, the interface is cumbersome to me. From my understanding they make the car turn off for security reasons, I do like your idea that if I have my keyfob then it should not turn off. I did not get the automatic controls in my CX-3 (I went with a mid level CX-3) however I just leave mine at the settings I need and it works fine, The defrost on the front and the heated seats turn on when the vehicle does.

I hope they can get it sorted out for you @sherrycx3

Yeah ! What he said and...

I purchased the MMS over the FOB based system due to distance and obstructions between my office and the parking lot. I have yet to see a FOB based system work. I work in a hospital at one end of the building, the parking lot far on the opposite end. My co-workers wander across the building, seeking a window to point toward the parking lot ; a pitiful sight at times.

This system allows me to remain in my office.
I hope it's only a firmware/software update to fix some of these issues.

1362 likes this.

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore ◊ Stroke: 83.5 ◊ 91.2 mm (3.29 ◊ 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0
post #7 of 14 Old 03-02-2016, 02:18 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Hi everyone. About that mobile start app I will agree that the system is very well flawed. We had several people at my dealership end up using the old style key fob remote start for having numerous problems with connecting and just the actual use of it. Our situation is mostly a coverage area issue where a few customers lived where their carriers did not have data coverage in their area thus it would not talk to their vehicles. In my opinion it was a great idea but very poor execution. I personally avoided having that option on my car from my experience in collecting customer vehicles and having them fixed or replaced.

Certified Mazda Technician
post #8 of 14 Old 12-20-2016, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Can anyone find the minimum voltage required for Mazda Mobile Start ?

After consistent sub zero temperatures for a couple of weeks, my Mazda Mobile start was reporting issues connecting to the car.
I noticed my dash cams also did not start immediately after starting the vehicle.
This combination got my interest. Electrical Issue ?

Turns out my short trips and extreme cold, in conjunction with park mode dash cam setup, was too hard on the battery.
The battery never had a chance to fully charge (heated seats, mirrors and defrosters constantly running)
The Mobile Start appears to fail with low voltage from the battery. Engine still starts without a problem.
This is why I'm looking for the spec on voltage.
I want to confirm my suspicions. A long drive ended the problem.
Wish I had tested the battery.

My web search shows many others that report failure of the system in extreme cold (when most needed)
I suspect they are also short trip and/or vehicle left in the cold for an extended period.

Am I on to something ? or am I making excuses for a failed system ?

brrrrrrr-brrrr-brrrr

2016 Soul Red CX-3 GT with technology package (Canadian specs)

Type: DOHC-16V in-line, 4-cylinder
Bore ◊ Stroke: 83.5 ◊ 91.2 mm (3.29 ◊ 3.59 in)
Displacement: 1,997.6 ml (1,997.6 cc)
Compression ratio: 13.0
post #9 of 14 Old 12-21-2016, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogie View Post
Hi everyone. About that mobile start app I will agree that the system is very well flawed. We had several people at my dealership end up using the old style key fob remote start for having numerous problems with connecting and just the actual use of it. Our situation is mostly a coverage area issue where a few customers lived where their carriers did not have data coverage in their area thus it would not talk to their vehicles. In my opinion it was a great idea but very poor execution. I personally avoided having that option on my car from my experience in collecting customer vehicles and having them fixed or replaced.
My salesperson told me NOT to get it because there are a ton of bugs and it would be a waste of my money.
post #10 of 14 Old 12-21-2016, 04:54 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooki33 View Post
My salesperson told me NOT to get it because there are a ton of bugs and it would be a waste of my money.
I personally agree as this whole mobile start thingy is solely reliant on the app services being up and your data reception. We just went through our 3rd customer who had us rip out the mobile start and went with a traditional system. This is the buggiest and unreliable system we have installed in these cars. Get the normal remote start and save a bit on that too.

Certified Mazda Technician

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode