User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-07-2016, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
auto door lock system

I've searched through the forum, but never found any mention of the screwy door lock system on this car.

I've tried to get the "auto relock" feature to work as expected, but it doesn't.

When I set it to lock the doors after I've gone in the house, it won't, no matter if I set it for a 30 sec or 60 sec time.

The doors will only auto lock with the "walk away" feature turned on. And then it locks in 5 seconds unless I'm walking around the back of the car where the sensors can tell that I'm still in the vicinity.

I tried reseting the doors to factory, but that didn't do any good.

The owner's manual says this..."The time required for the doors to relock automatically after unlocking with the request switch/ transmitter can be changed."

Does this mean just getting out of the car and walking away won't relock the doors?

Am I doing something wrong?

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT, 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Sport Sedan, 1990 Mazda Miata
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-08-2016, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
You have misunderstood the purpose of the auto-relock feature.

If you unlock with a request switch or the transmitter fob, but get distracted and do not open any of the doors or liftgate, the auto-relock feature will automatically relock the car after the set number of seconds to keep it secure.

The doors and liftgate will only auto-lock after you've opened and closed them, if you have walk-away feature turned on. That feature is triggered by walking the transmitter fob away from the car, and not by time elapsed.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 01-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonline View Post

If you unlock with a request switch or the transmitter fob, but get distracted and do not open any of the doors or liftgate, the auto-relock feature will automatically relock the car after the set number of seconds to keep it secure.

The doors and liftgate will only auto-lock after you've opened and closed them, if you have walk-away feature turned on. That feature is triggered by walking the transmitter fob away from the car, and not by time elapsed.
Heyup jt ;-)

Welcome to this forum.
jtonline likes this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"

post #4 of 14 Old 01-08-2016, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonline View Post

Ok, but when I turn off the walk away feature, get out of the car, and go inside my house, the car does not lock, even though I have it set to do so after 30 or 60 seconds. So I still don't get it.

post #5 of 14 Old 01-08-2016, 06:34 AM
JPA

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
It's quite good system. If you mean to lock the doors but accidentally press opening button the doors will lock after 30 or 60 sec anyway.
post #6 of 14 Old 01-08-2016, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzebill View Post
Ok, but when I turn off the walk away feature, get out of the car, and go inside my house, the car does not lock, even though I have it set to do so after 30 or 60 seconds. So I still don't get it.
When you turn OFF the walkaway feature, the car will NOT lock the car when you walkaway after closing all doors. If you turn ON the walkaway feature, get out of the car and close the doors, the car will lock them when it cannot detect the fob in the near vicinity - that is you have walked away. Hope this helps.
post #7 of 14 Old 01-08-2016, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzebill View Post
The 30 or 60 second delay is nothing to do with the walk away feature.

This is in case you unlock the car with either the fob or the button on the door but then do not open the door. Like jt says above, maybe you got shouted back to the house or answered your phone. Instead of the car being left unlocked, it will lock itself at the 30 or 60 seconds you set in the settings. It only works if you do not open the door after unlocking.

The moment you open any door it disables the feature so you cannot lock anything inside by accident - like the kids or the keys BUT if you have walk away locking set, it will lock a person inside if you walk away.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

post #8 of 14 Old 01-08-2016, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

thanks folks!

I understand this now.

post #9 of 14 Old 07-17-2016, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi folks,
I've got 2016 Cx3 Maxx without advanced keyless entry function. My car won't auto-lock when I walk away from it and I've gotta lock it manually pressing the button. Any suggestion abt that?
Cheers,
m8
post #10 of 14 Old 07-17-2016, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by villain.joker View Post
Hi folks,
I've got 2016 Cx3 Maxx without advanced keyless entry function. My car won't auto-lock when I walk away from it and I've gotta lock it manually pressing the button. Any suggestion abt that?
Cheers,
m8
pls dnt uz txt spk ;-)

I donít think walk away locking is available unless you have the keyless entry system.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode