No Navigation in this car! - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 12-18-2015, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
No Navigation in this car!

I had a bit of a scare today. I drove my car to the shopping mall (that time of year, you know) and it was fine. I usually have it on Nav so I can see it tracking me as I go along. Well after I did some errands I got back into the car and started it up. The Nav unit as usual does the pinwheel thing until it has the streets lined up properly but this time a message came on that said that there my car has no Navigation installed! EXCUSE ME! This screen would not go away until I parked and turned the car off and waited a minute or so and then started it up again. This time the map got displayed just fine.

Question: Has anyone else had their Navigation do a brain fart like that?

I am wondering if there are other issues that indicate that the computer is badly in need of a firmware upgrade.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-18-2015, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I have had the MZD reboot once since I got the CX3 and it was in the navigation.

Just stopped then the entire MZD rebooted and came back into Nav and resumed the navigation instructions etc.

Not sure if it was navigations fault or the experimenting I had done earlier in the day with an early iPod touch that kept freezing up when it tried to play.

Was all back fairly quickly but did not expect it to happen while in the middle of directions etc.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-19-2015, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Mine had a habit of losing the sound on occasions. It would just fizz and go off then no matter what I did it wouldn't come back.

The only thing that cleared it was a hard reset which is hold the Nav, mute and return buttons all together for about 10 seconds and it just reboots. Mine does not have the latest firmware version.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"

post #4 of 5 Old 12-19-2015, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I have done the latest Navigation firmware download and install. It was very quick and easy but I don't notice any changes in the map info. It still names some of the streets here by names they used to be called many years ago. I guess changes take a lot of time to filter into the database.

Thanks for the Nav/Mute/Return reset info. Next time that is what I will try.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-19-2015, 10:08 AM
gus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Mine regularly reboots itself when in navigation mode normally when I least want it to, that 2% of the journey that it is useful.

CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode