I give up! I can't get Navigation to work. - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 12-10-2015, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I give up! I can't get Navigation to work.

I can enter an address to navigate to just fine. It is the same as my Garmin device. But it will not start to navigate. The destination point just sits there and there is no way receive any prompts or directions from the nav unit. "Start" does not even appear where it is supposed to. None of the buttons will get the damn thing going.

Any ideas anyone?

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-10-2015, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Once the destination is displayed press the "<" button to get to the previous screen, then press "Start".
post #3 of 19 Old 12-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
I've got a bitter sweet relationship with my satnav. On the one hand, I really like how it works and the graphics and how it zooms out and zooms in depending on the intensity of the route. However, getting a route into it is not the most intuitive operation I've ever conducted.

In fact, don't be at all surprised if ever I don't turn up on the forum, I've been arrested for maiming some poor soul with a flying infotainment screen. Whoever designed the satnav dashboard, what were you thinking about?
Cyclone1410 likes this.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"

post #4 of 19 Old 12-10-2015, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
It is infuriating at times that's for sure
post #5 of 19 Old 12-11-2015, 07:02 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I find you sometimes have to press that start to navigate button twice. It usually displays a 10 second countdown to the start of trip so if you press the button again it will force start immediately but it could be more user friendly. Mazda might enhance this sat nav with the 2017 models fingers crossed.
post #6 of 19 Old 12-11-2015, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I have used it a number of times now and it works well but I agree the point at which you select "start" can be a bit confusing and selecting the address will just take you into a map of the destination.
post #7 of 19 Old 12-11-2015, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigh View Post
I have used it a number of times now and it works well but I agree the point at which you select "start" can be a bit confusing and selecting the address will just take you into a map of the destination.
I have had that happen too where the map just zooms into the destination and if you are not careful with the next button you press you end up having to re-enter all the information again. While it is nice to have an integrated nav system on the dash I sometimes think I would be better of getting an aftermarket GPS device that is a bit more advanced and user friendly.

I have also struggled with the nav voice commands for entering in a destination compared to the ease of voice commanding a garmin device. Surely you should be able to command the GPS to start without mucking around with pressing the start button.
post #8 of 19 Old 12-11-2015, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
I have no issues with it, but then it compares to the Clarion nav system I had in my old Fiat Bravo (a Clarion HU with NAV that I put in when I bought the car).
But I can see what You all mean, I think I had the same issues with the Clarion when I first got it :-)

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 19 Old 12-11-2015, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
OK thanks everyone! I think I have control of this beast at last.

The problem is that after you have entered the address (or "home") it will sit and do nothing until you press "Navigate" once then a second time and the "Start" button will appear so you press that and you are under way. Very convoluted and confusing to say the least. And to top it off, you can't do any of this while underway. The car must sense that the wheels are motionless before you can make any settings. So you have to pull off the road and come to a stop first.

I want my Forester back!

Well, not really. The CX3 is a lot more fun to drive if you don't take the info-tainment irritations into account.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #10 of 19 Old 12-11-2015, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Just give up and turn to Google. Google knows everything.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode