User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 12-04-2015, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Front parking sensors!

My car has rear parking sensors, but I would also like to have front parking sensors.
In Mazda accessories directory there is part number: C860-V7-285 (parking sensor kit front/back).
Rear sensors are activated when you select reverse, but what activates the front sensors?
Is there anyone who has installed the front sensors on your own?
Mazda original sensor package with mounting on the workshop becomes quite expensive when compared to various OEM packages.
Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-04-2015, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
I could find this on mazda.com.au - but that seems to be another part number that you are referring to:
Part number
DK11ACPAS+++

Accessory Details

Auto activation

The system is activated automatically upon ignition and low speeds. This means the user friendly system is already activated when the driver requires it.

Auto de-activation

The front sensors are de-activated automatically when the vehicle reaches speeds of over 10 km per hour, when the vehicle is in park or when the handbrake is engaged. This means the system only detects objects when required and the driver is never annoyed by tones whilst parked.

Operation of the reverse parking system is automatically deactivated when towing using a Mazda Genuine trailer wiring harness.
Bosse likes this.
post #3 of 18 Old 12-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
^^That sounds like a great system. My last car front and rear were activated by going into reverse and briefly thereafter while in drive (I assume it thought you were in the process of parking)

I drive into a tight garage and would love auto on front sensors. If anyone knows the process for the US models, I'd love to hear it as its difficult for me to gauge where the front ends.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 Old 12-04-2015, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
The US accessories page is not letting me in, so i cannot see what you can get in US.

Mazda USA | Shopping Tools

You have the part number in my post above, so just contact your dealer! and see what they can deliver in US.
post #5 of 18 Old 12-05-2015, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Link to the Swedish Mazda site. I can also find the same kit in Germany and Spain. But not any info how it works.

Mazda CX-3 TillbehŲr
post #6 of 18 Old 12-16-2015, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Does anyone have a picture or diagram showing where the switch mounts to activate/deactivate the front parking sensors

Part number
DK11ACPSF+++

I hope it is just added to the switches panel where things like iStop are.
post #7 of 18 Old 12-16-2015, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigh View Post
Does anyone have a picture or diagram showing where the switch mounts to activate/deactivate the front parking sensors

Part number
DK11ACPSF+++

I hope it is just added to the switches panel where things like iStop are.
From what I gather from the Mazda Australia website is that the system is fully automated on/off function when in reverse and shuts off above 10km per hour forward acceleration with no reference to an actual button unless there is a hidden on/off button through MZD Connect. I found these videos and accessory information links below which I am sure you have already seen.

Mazda Australia fitted price is a bit extreme at $1344 which is more than the Smart City Break Support, Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert if you got that option at time of purchase at $1030 - $1060.

Anyone know why Mazda are charging so much for these front sensors? I am guessing it has more to do with the labour involved rather than the cost of the parts if there is no pre-wiring in the existing CX3

Accessory Details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep2Of6low6Y

Last edited by Smarties CX-3; 12-16-2015 at 11:28 AM.
post #8 of 18 Old 12-16-2015, 12:52 PM
gus

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
In the UK they are £120 which is about 190$
Mazda CX-3 accessories

CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 18 Old 12-16-2015, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
There seems to be 2 options listed on the Australian site.

One for $599 fitted that works like the rears, with audible sound only and one for over $1300 that integrate into the reverse display with audible and visual indicators.

I know a few people have described the simple model on this and the U.K. Site so hopefully someone will know where the switch mounts etc.

BTW -we seem to have the CX3 at a reasonable price when you compar country prices but as for accessories, we pay a high premium for extras.

When I ordered the under hood insulation mat they wanted almost $10 for each of the small push in clips to hold it to hood. Same item at local auto shop was $10 for half a dozen.

Last edited by Craigh; 12-16-2015 at 01:34 PM.
post #10 of 18 Old 12-16-2015, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Yes the CX3 is somewhat reasonably priced for the mid to lower range models in Australia but assesories is where they recover their money. The integrated visual parking sensors just seem over priced but I would still really like to get them if they knocked the price down to under $1000. Obviously there is a reason for charging so much for them, Is it to deter CX3 owners from requesting this product or a plain money grab from Mazda? Apart from the official Mazda info I have yet to come across someone that has the fully integrated visual/audio r/f parking sensors on this forum or any YouTube reviews.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode