Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

new subwoofer in 2019

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Emma02s 
#1 ·
has anyone installed a subwoofer in a cx3 2019? did you do it yourself or you had it done professionally?

hey everyone, so i got a full setup, a skar audio 12" evl 2500w(1250 RMS) sub, with 1500 class d amp and got all the wire and fuze and stuff that i need. me and my friend went at it for 3 hours just to realize we couldnt take the front panel off to access the OEM. at this point i might just take it to get it professionally done, but i am wondering if it has been done and how it was done.
thank you

#2 ·
Hey

I did an install in a cx3 2019 myself.
Behind the glove box are some connectors and you can buy a connector harness with iso plugs for it.
With the harness you don't have to splice into original wires from the car or even get behind the OEM
I 3-way soldered cables on the iso wires for the rear left/right +/- speakers and i also soldered a wire to 12v switched power.
Then i used an LC2i for converting the high signals into low. After that the usual thing, rca and power to the rear.
The 12v switched power goes also to the lc2i
No issues at all

greetings

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.