Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

NAV Accuracy

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ghmpm 
#1 ·
I had the NAV take me to a county park in another town about 50 miles away and I ended up in a subdivision in front of someone's house. I've done the latest update. Is this the norm for this system?

#2 ·
I feel your pain.

I've also been subject to the inaccuracies.

So I've learnt, to cross refference the MZD NAV map with Waze/Google Maps before setting of to unknown area...

I think it has to do with the Map info that is being used by mazda. I have iGo Maps on my phone (fully offline) and that is just as accurate as Google Maps.

#3 ·
None of them are that accurate and that includes Google and iPhone... Think about it, any idea how many map changes happen daily? And unless your Google Maps takes several hours to update, you are only getting some of them. Nature of the beasts. I have had Garmin take me miles out of my way, and put me on a runway WITH a plane. After an update. Mazda only updates 1-2 times a year and of course it is not up to date.

I will continue to use Mazda Maps or Nissan NAV (on my truck) because of ease of use and size of display (my old eyes). Oh and to be sure I carry, egad dare I say, paper maps!!!

Use what YOU like and deal with it!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.