post #11 of 14 Old 03-11-2019, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
mx3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaG View Post
Yes, this...
I would change the key fob batteries regardless of the doors lock/unlocking if anything but to completely eliminate it as a potential issue.
In regards to the dealership not being able to help is pretty inexcusable. Itís THEIR car! Whether or not the software can or cannot be read is not your issue.
At the moment car sits there. The problem is Mazda EU refuses to take responsiblity for reimported cars (that's how they call them here in Germany). They have a database and they rely solely on it, so they simply keep telling me that they can't help since they can't use their software stack.

The person that has sold me the car is a non-Mazda secnd-hand car dealership. Apparently he has hid something from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 03-11-2019, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Im not sure if it still applies honestly since international titles wouldnt be in a local US database and the car might have been removed. I know you we can check at local dmv here but it would require US title and vin which I presume you would not have over there since it would be transfered to a title of the designated country's requirement. I would suggest seeing if you can find any accident /vin check sites online. Never had to use any so not sure of any legitimate free ones that dont try to make you pay unfortunatly. Even then its still not 100% accurate since its reliant on people/insurance companies reporting said accident or total losses. You can imagine that if someone wanted to get away with pawning off a damaged car, they would try to hide anything possible. It happens quite a lot around here in hurricane prone states where a car gets severe flood damage then gets reported as something else to 'total' out for easier paperwork which becomes a salvage title vehicle if it passes inspection after 'repairs' to resell again.

Edit:
Keep in mind that this is an EXTREME scenario like when diagnosing an ailment on online medical sites. Dont let it get to you as I can imagine the stress of worrying is intense.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 03-12-2019 at 03:24 PM.
post #13 of 14 Old 03-12-2019, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
mx3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Im not sure if it still applies honestly since international titles wouldnt be in a local US database and the car might have been removed. I know you we can check at local dmv here but it would require US title and vin which I presume you would not have over there since it would be transfered to a title of the designated country's requirement. I would suggest seeing if you can find any accident /vin check sites online. Never had to use any so not sure of any legitimate free ones that dont try to make you pay unfortunatly. Even then its still not 100% accurate since its reliant on people/insurance companies reporting said accident or total losses. You can imagine that if someone wanted to get away with pawning off a damaged car, they would try to hide anything possible. It happens quite a lot around here in hurricane prone states where a car gets severe flood damage then gets reported as something else to 'total' out for easier paperwork which becomes a salvage title vehicle if it passes inspection after 'repairs' to resell again.

Edit:
Keep in mind that this is an EXTREME scenario like when diagnosing an ailment on online medical sites. Dont let it get to you as I can imagine the stress of worrying is intense.
Thanks for your reply SlyCoopers.

I'm at the moment taking other measures to see if legally I can return the car, if I don't succeed I would need to know as much details and history about the car as possible, in order to be able to maintain it myslef and prvoide the mechanics with necessary information.

The car's VIN is untouched and as far as I can say it is a US one. Even on the papers it doesn't have normal German manufacturer identification, there are only zeroes instead. I'll pm you the VIN just in case you can check it locally, of course you can simply ignore it. I appreciate deeply any further information though. Moreover, out of curiosity I'd like to know the history of this car. I checked it online but various websites provide contradicting information and don't sound reliable.

post #14 of 14 Old 03-12-2019, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx3 View Post
Thanks for your reply SlyCoopers.

I'm at the moment taking other measures to see if legally I can return the car, if I don't succeed I would need to know as much details and history about the car as possible, in order to be able to maintain it myslef and prvoide the mechanics with necessary information.

The car's VIN is untouched and as far as I can say it is a US one. Even on the papers it doesn't have normal German manufacturer identification, there are only zeroes instead. I'll pm you the VIN just in case you can check it locally, of course you can simply ignore it. I appreciate deeply any further information though. Moreover, out of curiosity I'd like to know the history of this car. I checked it online but various websites provide contradicting information and don't sound reliable.
I replied to your pm with my findings, best of luck friend.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Tags
antitheft , immobilizer , keyfobs , start/stop

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode