User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-22-2019, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Exclamation Remote opening fault and other fault

Hello and thank you for reading my post.

I have an April 2016 build CX3 Akari.

As of a couple of days ago I am unable to remotely open my car door if left idle overnight. I have to manually open the door. Then for the remainder of the day I can access the car remotely.

Is this a known issue? Surely it would not be possible that the battery is going flat.

Also, when the remote opening issue does happen, there is something else that happens. When a front passenger or driver exits the car, it emits the loud quick beeping... beeepbeeepbeeepbeeepbeeepbeeepbeeepbeeep lol I know.. I'm stupid, but I am trying to accurately describe in words. Then another set of quick loud continuous beeping emits from inside the car. Again, this happens only once in the day after an overnight rest. The remainder of the day, until the car retires for the night, it is fine.

I am having the car serviced Friday next week.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do or say??

Thank you again very much everyone
Mary
SlyCoopers likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-22-2019, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My wife's CX3 was purchased in Jan of 2016 and I have had to replace batteries in the remotes within the last few months so it is possible that yours need to be replaced too. As to the beeping, hopefully someone else can help with that.

Glenn

DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE
2016 CX 3 Grand Touring AWD

Wickenburg, AZ
post #3 of 11 Old 02-22-2019, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Check out section 7-51 of the Owners Manual (well, this is the reference in the 2016 European Manual, might be different for the Australian version) :-

Ignition Not Switched Off (STOP) Warning Beep

If the driver's door is opened while the ignition is switched to ACC, a continuous beep sound will be heard to notify the driver that the ignition has not been switched off (STOP). Left in this condition, the keyless entry system will not operate, the car cannot be locked, and the battery power will be depleted.

Key Removed from Vehicle Warning Beep

A beep sound will be heard 6 times and the KEY warning light (red) will flash continuously if the ignition has not been switched off, all the doors are closed, and the key is removed from the vehicle. This is to notify the driver that the key has been removed from the vehicle and the ignition has not been switched off.

There are more explanations of beeps on the next page i.e. section 7-52

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options

post #4 of 11 Old 02-22-2019, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
I love how you captured the accuracy of the noise lol
maryfrancis3 likes this.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #5 of 11 Old 02-22-2019, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
This is going to sound weird but are the keys cold when this is happening? Seeing as the issue is related to a cold start after overnight temps like how a car battery might struggle starting if its weaker, the keys you might keep on the counter could be effected by cold temps on a weak keyfob battery. It sounds silly but even having the keys in your pocket warms up the ambient temp of the interior of the keyfob which makes a weaker battery slightly better than one thats dead cold. Replacing the fob battery would confirm if this is related to the issue or not also.
TiGrayMSM and maryfrancis3 like this.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #6 of 11 Old 02-23-2019, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghmpm View Post
My wife's CX3 was purchased in Jan of 2016 and I have had to replace batteries in the remotes within the last few months so it is possible that yours need to be replaced too. As to the beeping, hopefully someone else can help with that.
Thank you very much for the info. Perhaps it is the battery.

post #7 of 11 Old 02-23-2019, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
I love how you captured the accuracy of the noise lol

he he he :P
post #8 of 11 Old 02-23-2019, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

Wow.... Hadn't thought of that!! But it's Summer here in Australia. That would surely be a big problem in the months ahead.
post #9 of 11 Old 02-23-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

NO key removed from the vehicle at ANY stage. I am sitting in the car, the door is opened by the passenger, or by me, the driver, and that beeping begins before bums are even off the seats. I'm wondering if it is a battery in the remote issue. I cannot believe the batteries die so soon. I have had other cars with keyless remotes and the batteries have lasted many years. I will not be happy at all if it is the battery. Might trade the car in for another brand, as I am not as happy with the Mazda as I thought I would or should be. I have owned 2 other Mazdas, I love brand new cars I had a 1984 323 and a 1979 323. They were great. This one, not so.
post #10 of 11 Old 02-23-2019, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryfrancis3 View Post
NO key removed from the vehicle at ANY stage. I am sitting in the car, the door is opened by the passenger, or by me, the driver, and that beeping begins before bums are even off the seats. I'm wondering if it is a battery in the remote issue. I cannot believe the batteries die so soon. I have had other cars with keyless remotes and the batteries have lasted many years. I will not be happy at all if it is the battery. Might trade the car in for another brand, as I am not as happy with the Mazda as I thought I would or should be. I have owned 2 other Mazdas, I love brand new cars I had a 1984 323 and a 1979 323. They were great. This one, not so.
Don't give up on the car due to this. Try the remote battery FIRST. Very cheap and easy to replace. I believe that the battery suppliers are not using the same caliber as in days past. My wife had a 2001 VW Passat and we never replaced a battery in over 10 years! I bought a 2006 New Beetle and went through a remote battery every year until I bought a 2 pack of Duracells in Walmart. Much cheaper and they last 3-4 years too! My current ride is a 2015 Nissan Frontier and I am getting 1-2 years also.

Any way good luck and hope that is all it is...

Glenn

DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE
2016 CX 3 Grand Touring AWD

Wickenburg, AZ

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode