Folder structure on a USB - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-23-2018, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Folder structure on a USB

Only had our new Mazada CX3 for 3 months and wondered about setting a USB to play audio.

I understand from other posts it must be formatted as FAT32?

What is the recommended way of having the *.mp3 files on the USB ? For instance can I have say a folder setup, named something like Orbison, Beatles, etc ? If so will the player find the files, or must they be all lumped in together ?

I'm very familiar with computers, but quite naive about audio on a USB, so any advice at all is most welcome; Thinking about a 16 gig drive to be honest.

Thanks
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-23-2018, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Hi Dave,

I've got each artist set up as a separate folder on the USB, with each artist's album then as a separate sub-folder. Within each of those sub-folders are the album's track files - in my case, they are .wma file type but they can be ,mp3 type as well as other types. The folder / sub-folder / track files need to have the desired name I think. In the case of the track file names mine are named 01 "Track name", 02 "Track name" etc so the tracks are displayed in the correct album sequence rather than in an alphabetical sequence.The Infotainment music player then displays the files in the same way artist/album/track

I'm not sure how it knows what album cover art picture is to be displayed. I know I've got them as .jpg files saved within each album sub-folder which was done when I ripped the tracks from my old CDs using Microsoft WMA player. I'm sure someone else can clarify how the player displays the album cover art - it might be the Gracenote software contained in the Infotainment software package?

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options
post #3 of 4 Old 11-23-2018, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for that, so if sub-folders okay, then all will be well.

A matter of sucking it and see I suppose, so off to buy a USB key later today.

Thanks for your help.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-25-2018, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I just copied the mp3 folder on my Mac's OS Library to a USB thumb drive as is. All the music is already organized into folders by Artist and can be copied directly. Very quick and easy for me. It was one of the first things I did when I got my CX3 home from the showroom.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode