• 1 Post By Mazdaman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 09-12-2018, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question 2019 CX-3 Standard Sound System

Hello everyone,

I am looking forward to buying a brand new CX-3 121HP AT Machine Grey and I heard many complain about the quality of the audio for the non Bose sound system.
Now I am sure that the Bose probably sounds better , the bass may be a bit stronger and so , but is the standard one that bad ?
I want the revolution pack which dose not have that sound system and only on the last pack Revolution Top. (which sucks because you can get it on the mazda 3 on Revolution).

Thanks in advance !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Personally I dont see the hype behind bose/infinity etc. oem "premium" sound systems. Mainly because alot of cars with base stereos will sound a great deal better than these premium marketed systems with just a simple basic cheap headunit swap. Its almost a crime that they promise such audio benefits when its getting a terrible source quality in the first place from the oem 'headunit'. That being said since we cant swap out the headunits in our cars (yet) I would wager that doing an aftermarket audio build (new amp that you can further tune and maybe speakers (even go for a better sub)will be alot more cost efficient and better sounding than the bose system. Can confirm that even with the bose system in my 2016 its not really all that its made out to be and never really was even in my old 05 mazda 6 amongst other cars Ive had with it. This is just my outlook on it though haha some people will swear by it to their deathbed so its pretty much up to you to make an opinion on it.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
post #3 of 8 Old 09-12-2018, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
ZoZo20, where are you located?

For the 2017, U.S. version:
• The iActiveSense option (which I "required") was available only on the GT.
• The GT came only with the Bose audio system and 18" wheels, neither of which I wanted.
• I've switched-out the 18" GT wheels for 16" Enkei's and am in the process of replacing the Bose audio.
• It appears that the U.S. GT/Bose model also came with additional soundproofing. Looking at David Ram's non-GT, super-impressive audio build, he spoke of not having any deadening on the inside of the door panel. Plus he spoke of adding soundproofing to his firewall.
• My GT passenger's door panel is shown below; likewise, my firewall has similar deadening material attached to it.
• Note in the second picture, the deadening material on the jack access panel. This is the same layered (polyfill?) used on the door panel and the firewall.
• Note also, the black foam gasketing around the edge of the door panel. These should help in reducing the road noise coming through the door.
• For 2019 onward, YMMV.

P.S. WARNING: Do NOT visit the diymobileaudio site, or you will find yourself trying to crawl out of a deep, dark rabbit hole :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5594_post.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	21611   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5595_post.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	21613  
Stokers Rule likes this.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.

Last edited by mainemanx; 09-12-2018 at 10:43 PM.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-13-2018, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemanx View Post
ZoZo20, where are you located?
I am from Europe more specifically Romania. For us the Bose sound system as well as the heated steering wheel come with the Revolution Top equipment level(best one ) which i guess it's the GT in U.S. if I am not mistaking.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-16-2018, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I guess it rests on how much an audiophile you are. Our 2016 came with the Bose and it does VERY well. But for my wife the stock system would probably have worked fine also (she doesn't use the system much, can you tell?). If you are a 20 something that wants to blast rap music and make the windows rattle and tick off other drivers than no, you better visit Crutchfield or someplace similar!!!

Putting on my flame-retardant suit! LOL

Glenn

DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE
2016 CX 3 Grand Touring AWD

Wickenburg, AZ

Last edited by ghmpm; 09-17-2018 at 12:54 PM.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-21-2018, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I agree with ghmpm. i used to do installs of systems (i know have some hearing loss from it) but we have an 18 touring and i planned on upgrading as soon as i got it.
but actually were happy with it. yes your not gonna get a rattling thump from it, but for even "not annoying everyone" loud levels, it sounds fine to me. unless your streaming edm its not as bad as people make it out to be.

yes i just noticed hearing loss and sounds fine dont go together, i only lost some upper range and wife is very happy with sound.
mainemanx likes this.

Soul red 18 Touring CX-3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-21-2018, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
With no Hi's or LOW's it must be a BOSE.

I have the 2018 GT model with the BOSE 7 speaker system. its kinda junky. door panels rattle if there is a bit of base. If I had to do it again I would not get the bose and then upgrade the sound system to my liking.
SlyCoopers likes this.

2018 CX-3 GT in Crystal White Pearl Mica.
Mods
Lowered 2" on Corksport springs
Corksport axle back exhaust
LED rear reflectors
post #8 of 8 Old 11-22-2018, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
It appears to me that some people just won't like ANY sound system in ANY car and will replace anyhow. Probably twenty somethings. I have a Nissan Frontier SL with the Rockford Fosgate premium sound system (includes sub under back seat etc.) and loads of people want to change it out... Again I am happy with it and the Bose but then my ears are already shot from loud music!!! LOL My 2 cents worth!

I guess the moral is if you are one of those get the cheapest standard unit and change it out...

Glenn

DEEP CRYSTAL BLUE
2016 CX 3 Grand Touring AWD

Wickenburg, AZ

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode