Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Auto Lock help needed.

13K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  kingarthas 
#1 ·
Good afternoon all in CX3 Owner land.

I need help please, here in sunny South africa The CX3 Individual Plus is the top of the range as far as the model goes, much to my surprise the car cannot auto lock(We dont get it as a menu item here), neither does it have the additional BOSE audio system menu(We seem to have a stripped down basic version) in the infotainment system. sad considering what these cars cost here. Anyway I can live without the sound system additional settings, but really do need the car to lock/unlock automatically. I've taken it back to Mazda, they replaced some unit but all that does is lock the door when you turn on the ignition, I want it to lock when I take it out of Park, and unlock when I switch the car off. Can this be done? if so please can some really bright person in forumland help. Much Appreciated:)

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I just cant seem to wrap my head around this, surely all the wiring and software must be there to do this., Ive seen on other forums people change the setups, using codes and other weird things, surely a mazda dealer must be able to simply load it somehow?:(

#4 ·
Elements of it will be but the hardware is different. Some markets have it but the door switch panel is different and for us in the UK that means we can’t take a risk and see if it is embodied in the switch because the US switch is way over on the wrong side. Frustrating and infuriating is what I’d call it but if it were as simple as a setting or a module, Mazda would be selling it as an accessory. We’ve complained about it for so long that the UK CX5 is just coming through with it and the CX3 will hopefully follow.

#6 ·
Agreed! for the most part, it is only a software bit that controls the locks and, seeing as it is already developed and put on cars, it would make sense to just add it in for safety across the board.
Originally I was confused by your original post as, for my CX3 (Canada), the settings for the locks are in the menu "look! it's right there!!" haha...but you've already checked for that.

Looks like they left you without auto door locks, and us without auto folding mirrors!

Attachments

#7 ·
Folding mirrors only come on our top of the range CX3 with that you have no choice but to also have a sunroof, and things like blind spot detection, lane departure warning, city brake assist and a host of other bits that IMO are a waist of time considering I only wanted folding mirrors, they could have kept all the other stuff and given me the choice to autolock my car doors, whats even stranger is that I have walk away locking

#8 ·
Walk away locks would be nice too!
I'm always intrigued, or sometimes baffled, by the differences in trim levels on vehicles between countries.
The CX-3 seems to have a plethora of names associated with them GS, sTouring, Akari, GX, Sport...etc etc.
Some of the features I understand are not put in due to laws and stuff, although I am not aware of any law preventing auto locks to not be placed in S.A. or the U.K. It's just odd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.