User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-30-2018, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Istop

Hi all,
I have a 2016 GX Sport and was wondering if there was a software upgrade that could activate the Istop technology or does it also involve mechanical components.
Just curious. Thanks in advance for all comments.

2016 CX-3 GX Sport Auto AWD Meteor Grey
2011 Honda Fit DXA White
Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-31-2018, 11:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi,
e-loop (requires iStop), however, istop does not require e-loop. The systems are related - charge battery, maintain electricals, energy 'harvesting' etc - both can be displayed in real time regarding the status on the connect screen.
e-loop is more high end tech, and i-stop is mid-range. Both require software for the vehicle to monitor/diagnose and engage the various systems/components (the actual parts associated).
Well this is how it works on the models here in South Africa.
So no, a software upgrade won't add on the feature. I think mazda has some explanations regarding how the pistons assume a set position when i-stop is in use, whenever you come to a stand still.

Over here, all models that come with a MZDconnect screen (with and without Navigation) have i-stop, but only the automatic top of the range (individual and individual plus) come with e-loop. It's not optional extra, its standard feature.

Personally, I prefer manual driving, so i-stop is all I have on my Dynamic. I don't see e-loop as much benefit, unless you like that sort of 'green' technology etc, the wife's 2 series has it... as I said doesn't do much.

2016 Cx-3, 2.0L petrol, manual transmission. South Africa.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode