• 2 Post By JPA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-04-2018, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Removing Infotainment To Apply Hacks

Hi All!

I'm wanting to do the hacks with AIO. I'm on .502. So my only option is to access via serial. I can find plenty of Mazda 3 walk through of this. But I only seen one post on here of how to access the back of the Cx3 unit to tap into Serial. And that was really just a picture of the plastic piece off. Not really a 'How To'. Any one done this? How does it work for you? Have any issues? Break anything? Just bought my cx3, and I want to change the background on the screen and get Android Auto running.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-04-2018, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I have the serial to USB card sitting on my desk ready to do this as well.

Step by step removal pictures would be great.

Advice I got previously was lift the front panel from the top and it will pop out.

Bolts become visible.

Rear panel may need to be helped out from behind the glove box.

2015 CX3 Akari - 2.0 Petrol AWD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: Pedal Kit, Hood Insulator, Boot Liner, Front Parking Sensors, 40% Tint, Paddle Shifts, USB to Glovebox..Console, Infotainment Tweaks......
post #3 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 07:18 AM
JPA

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
When you get the panels out of the way it's just two bolts an two plastic tabs.
After removing the bolts just lift the front of the unit up to release the tabs and then jus pull it out.
MZD-unit has sharp edges. Put something on the dash to protect it from scratching, masking tape or a rag.

CX-3 2.0 SKYACTIVE-G Premium Plus 6MT AWD

post #4 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigh View Post
I have the serial to USB card sitting on my desk ready to do this as well.

Step by step removal pictures would be great.

Advice I got previously was lift the front panel from the top and it will pop out.

Bolts become visible.

Rear panel may need to be helped out from behind the glove box.
So I was able to do this pretty easily. Way easier for us in the cx3 than the rest of the line up. Hardest part is making sure the wires are making contact with the pins. Both the little covers popped right off with a little plastic pry tool. I went through the trouble of using my plastic pry tool.....then scratched a little bit of the dash with the actual unit. Wish I would have seen the warning to put a towel down before hand.... Oh well. I will find a way to repair it. The only other part the confused me was the command prompt text just flying by.. I'd hit enter, start to type and before I'd finish, it be gone lost interest the text of the commands it was running. Only way it worked was copying what I needed in my clip board. Then hitting enter then right click then enter again really fast before it writes more commands. Otherwise it would take what I was trying to type. That took me a few trys to get right. After that it's was easy easy easy. Let me know if you want any tips!
post #5 of 10 Old 03-05-2018, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA View Post
When you get the panels out of the way it's just two bolts an two plastic tabs.
After removing the bolts just lift the front of the unit up to release the tabs and then jus pull it out.
MZD-unit has sharp edges. Put something on the dash to protect it from scratching, masking tape or a rag.

One of those... "Shit... Why did I not think of that" things. I gave it a little scratch I now have to repair. Bleh.
post #6 of 10 Old 07-04-2018, 02:28 AM

Garage
So I removed the front trim easily and worked the back one off. I removed the two M10 bolts in front of the screen. The screen/head unit are a little wobbly, but I don't see where these two plastic tabs are. The unit is kind of loose. I don't want to put significant force on prying it upward in the front. Do I need to unscrew the 4 philips head screws that were under the rear trim?
post #7 of 10 Old 07-04-2018, 06:40 AM
JPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by elejeune View Post
So I removed the front trim easily and worked the back one off. I removed the two M10 bolts in front of the screen. The screen/head unit are a little wobbly, but I don't see where these two plastic tabs are. The unit is kind of loose. I don't want to put significant force on prying it upward in the front. Do I need to unscrew the 4 philips head screws that were under the rear trim?
Just pull up or pry with some plastic tool from under the screen. There are two plastic tabs on the corners.
No other screws. After those tabs are released just pull back and the whole unit willcome off.
elejeune likes this.

post #8 of 10 Old 07-04-2018, 09:49 AM
JPA

I found this
It's Japanese (i think) but so is the car.
mainemanx and elejeune like this.

post #9 of 10 Old 07-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Garage
Thanks so much for the quick reply, I got it off! The two tabs are obviously visible from the front. I was able to depress them a bit and lightly pry up on the unit to remove it.
post #10 of 10 Old 01-16-2019, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wink How to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz Ware View Post
So I was able to do this pretty easily. Way easier for us in the cx3 than the rest of the line up. Hardest part is making sure the wires are making contact with the pins. Both the little covers popped right off with a little plastic pry tool. I went through the trouble of using my plastic pry tool.....then scratched a little bit of the dash with the actual unit. Wish I would have seen the warning to put a towel down before hand.... Oh well. I will find a way to repair it. The only other part the confused me was the command prompt text just flying by.. I'd hit enter, start to type and before I'd finish, it be gone lost interest the text of the commands it was running. Only way it worked was copying what I needed in my clip board. Then hitting enter then right click then enter again really fast before it writes more commands. Otherwise it would take what I was trying to type. That took me a few trys to get right. After that it's was easy easy easy. Let me know if you want any tips!
removal is clear. where can I find some info on doing the hack? thanks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode