No "CD UP" and "CD DOWN" button? really? - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-02-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thumbs down No "CD UP" and "CD DOWN" button? really?

I bought my CX3 about 3 months ago and so far I am pretty disappointed with few very annoying issues with the infotainment system.

1) There is no "CD UP" and "CD DOWN" buttons, so when I play MP3 from USB, I can't skip folders. The old Mazda 2 had this button and it's really wierd and disappointing that this button is missing from a new CX3 !

2) The system doesn't remember the last state. For example - I play a USB and then I press pause button. If I turn off the car and then on again, the music starts playing again. It's ridiculously annoying and it's also very wierd, because If I lower the volume then the car DOES remember the last volume settings. Looks like a software problem, but it's very weird they haven't fixed it yet (I have 2017 model, so it should have been resolved by now...).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Ha! In my day we worried about things like RPM at 60 in top gear, synchronized 1st gear, rack & pinion steering, etc...
But I know what CDs are! They're used to make FLACs

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-03-2017, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by userap View Post
... 1) There is no "CD UP" and "CD DOWN" buttons, so when I play MP3 from USB, I can't skip folders. The old Mazda 2 had this button and it's really wierd and disappointing that this button is missing from a new CX3 !...
No, but you can use the voice control, e.g. 'Play Artist {Artist name}', 'Play Album {Album name}', 'Play Genre {Genre name}', or 'Play Folder {Folder name}' which is pretty cool. Or you can go to the folder list on screen and scroll up/down using the commander knob.

Quote:
... 2) The system doesn't remember the last state. For example - I play a USB and then I press pause button. If I turn off the car and then on again, the music starts playing again. . . Looks like a software problem, but it's very weird they haven't fixed it yet...
Yes, the fact that, by design, it doesn't remember the pause state after power off (or pause when you mute the volume) is little annoying, but I guess not something they're likely to change unless enough people tell them. The workaround in the meantime is to switch to another source and mute.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 08-03-2017, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonline View Post
No, but you can use the voice control, e.g. 'Play Artist {Artist name}', 'Play Album {Album name}', 'Play Genre {Genre name}', or 'Play Folder {Folder name}' which is pretty cool. Or you can go to the folder list on screen and scroll up/down using the commander knob.
It feels very weird calling by voice. And what is someone has problem with their voice? Such a basic operation should have a button. Or, to be more exact, that button should have survived the transition to the new system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonline View Post
I guess not something they're likely to change unless enough people tell them. The workaround in the meantime is to switch to another source and mute.
I also use that workaround. But how can I make Mazda aware of these issues? I don't feel like my local dealer care so much about it. I called and the guy there just dismissed my complaints.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
The problem with having a button for everything is that the dash isn't big enough or it gets blistered with a bewildering array.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #6 of 6 Old 12-16-2017, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
But how can I make Mazda aware of these issues? I don't feel like my local dealer care so much about it. I called and the guy there just dismissed my complaints.
Get in touch with Mazda's head office in your country. I did just that recently to provide feedback about the Infotainment system. I've contacted Mazda Canada a few times over the years, and here in Canada at least, they have always been extremely helpful and quick to respond. They told me that such feedback does get passed on up the food chain to the appropriate department, so it's worth the effort.

As it happens, one of the issues I mentioned was the one you brought up about the car un-pausing music after a restart. There are other circumstances where music begins playing all by itself as well, so the audio system really needs a pause that survives a restart, or perhaps a good old-fashioned STOP button... as in "would you pleeeeaaase stop playing music unless I ask you to". When listening to my iPod, I too have found that the only way to stop playback from automatically resuming is to switch to another source like the radio and press mute. Starting playback where you left off is especially important if you are If listening to audiobooks or podcasts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CURRENT MAZDAS2016 CX-3 GT - Soul Red / Pure White - 6 speed automatic • 1990 Miata - Mariner Blue - 5 speed manual - collector plates • 2003 B-4000 - 5 speed manual
PREVIOUS MAZDAS2003 Protegé5 Special Edition - 5 speed manual • 1991 Miata - Classic Red - 5 speed manual • 1986 B-2000 - 5 speed manual • 1985 626 - 5 speed manual • 1970 1000 - 2 speed automatic - my 1st car!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode