• 1 Post By remorej

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-27-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Bluetooth cracking/static noise

So I've been experiencing lately staticky/cracking/skipping music when paired to Bluetooth. I updated my iPhone's OS recently so I'm assuming that may be the cause? Anyone else experience this problem?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#zoomzoom #2016cx-3 #ceramicmetallic #GS
What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-28-2017, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bleh

UPDATE:

so I booked appt with the dealer, they said I needed a firmware update. After waiting 30mins... the associate told me to unpair everything and forget the vehicle on my phone and restart again.

Just did that, and now the writing of the music I'm playing doesn't display on my dash, the music doesn't play and using the phone option I gets booted out and switches back to my phone speaker.

Ugh... I do want to say that I did update my iPhone 6 OS to 10.3.3.... possibly has some contribution to my problem, but ugh!!!! I'm so frustrated, I wanna listen to my music. And no I do not want to connect to an Aux cord. I didn't pay good money for nothing. Lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-28-2017, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
THE F***** so I go back into the dealer, they give me a # to call. Mind you, my car has been off for like 5 mins. Come back in.... and then my phone connects and starts playing music. WTFFF THIS CAR IS CRAZY.

post #4 of 6 Old 07-28-2017, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs down update #3

So a great ending to my morning debacle. So it still is able to connect to my phone/audio, but does not display music title/artist or play the sound on the blue tooth screen. Was told by Mazda (infotainment people) on the phone to try and update the music version/grace note version. Followed the damn steps and once I clicked search to find the file in my USB it says they could not find an updated version of gracenote... So I'm guessing they did this for me at the dealership when I got my firmware updated cause the music version #s before I went to the dealership was definitely different. Anyways, since I've done all the troubleshooting that Mazda told me to do, they simply said that I just have to wait till they upgrade their system or until they get apple car play into their systems (ARGHHH). Now I'll be using that dumb Aux cord to play my music (I don't care if this Bluetooth thing is minuscule to you but if you were paying $$/month because you wanted added features that don't work anymore you'd be complaining too!).

Anyways, hurry up Mazda with apple car play cause I'm almost over this car. LOL

post #5 of 6 Old 07-30-2017, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
You should be on this version of the software;

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"
post #6 of 6 Old 08-15-2017, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
update

Looked through forums regarding my problem, and actually my phone's wifi flex cable had cracked in half affecting Bluetooth + wifi and GPS connectivity and quality. Simply replaced this component on my phone and now my phone is working great + Bluetooth is connecting seamlessly!!
anchorman likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode