LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-24-2017, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Garage
Active Subwoofer Install

Hi All,

Thought I would share something that I have just completed in my CX3.

I had been searching for a fair while on various sites in the hope that someone had done a similar install in their CX3, but seems very limited in what to do, and where to run Wires to Tap into Speakers for a High Level Input on an Amp.

I came across the little Item called a PAC AOEM-MAZ2, it is a interface that Allows Replacement or Addition of an Amplifier in Select Mazda Vehicles.

The CX3 was not Listed as being one of the cars that it would fit, reading through some of the Reviews and Questions people have had success in plugging it into a CX5, Mazda 3 & 6, also seems to work with or without Bose.

This is the Item I bought from Amazon this is the Link to it.

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-AOEM-MAZ2...MAZ2+Interface

This Unit simply plugs into my Factory Unit it then gives 2 x sets of RCA's and also a Amp Trigger Wire.

Please see above link for photo's of how it plugs in, Photo's, and reviews, etc.

I have just Installed a Fusion Black Edition En-ab1102 10" 750w Active Sub + Amp and thought this may be very helpful for others that may be wondering what they can do without having to take the Door Trims off and chase Speaker Wires, when this really is so easy.

This Uploaded Picture below is of the Factory Box in my RHD Australian CX3, its located on the Drivers Side, down towards the Footwell, whereas if its a LHD they are saying its behind your Glove Box.

This has worked in my Australian CX3, hopefully it might work also for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	.1.jpg
Views:	1072
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	17865  

Life Is Too Short, Get Out And Do It, Rock Out And Send It Hard

Last edited by sippffo; 06-25-2017 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Attention to detail for the Photo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-25-2017, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just to make sure you confirm the right connector type before you proceed to buy similar products. The PAC AOEM-MAZ2 which came with orange harness is Type A connector. My CX-3 came with Type B connector

https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/...0zz113500.html
post #3 of 10 Old 06-25-2017, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdie View Post
Just to make sure you confirm the right connector type before you proceed to buy similar products. The PAC AOEM-MAZ2 which came with orange harness is Type A connector. My CX-3 came with Type B connector

https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/...0zz113500.html
What i did purchase was the one that I put the Link for.

It did take that Larger Plug from the TAU, and piggy backed back in via the Pac unit, maybe there is a difference in the type of Kits available, is yours a Pac?

My Sub Install is done, all is working

Darren

post #4 of 10 Old 06-26-2017, 01:18 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippffo View Post
What i did purchase was the one that I put the Link for.

It did take that Larger Plug from the TAU, and piggy backed back in via the Pac unit, maybe there is a difference in the type of Kits available, is yours a Pac?

My Sub Install is done, all is working

Darren
I am not getting Pac, but I go for DSP+Amp+bluetooth+Plug'n'play.
https://www.englishtaobao.net/product/547970006897/

The DSP (10 bands EQ etc) is tuned via PC software or built-in bluetooth module, and deliver 90w x4 (a bit doubt, but most D-amp advertise 90-100w at 2 ohms). It also came with hi-lo converter and built-in 2 channel subwoofer (line level) out.
On plug 'n' play connection, the seller have both Type A & B harness for Mazda, and other cars as well. These harness can buy separately, I bought extra toyota harness just in case I don't like the sound and sell it to Toyota owner , then will keep the Mazda harness and may get small compact D-amp like Pioneer GM-D1004 etc.

Back to active subwoofer, in fact I already installed Bose Tyre Sub which I tap the speaker wire during my speaker upgrade/replacement, but too bassy. The bass delivered from the upgraded speaker just nice, not overly strong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TB2v.QmqgFkpuFjSspnXXb4qFXa_!!2776780493.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	17905   Click image for larger version

Name:	TB2YmLRqb0kpuFjy0FjXXcBbVXa_!!2776780493.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	17913  
post #5 of 10 Old 06-26-2017, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Geez burdie,

Thats some piece of kit, certainly more advanced than what I have installed in my car, it certainly looks impressive and hope it does work out in the Mazzy !!!.
Love the comment on poor Toyota Owners if it doesn't work.

Darren

post #6 of 10 Old 08-03-2017, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi guys, just curious of this plug in device effects the steering wheel controls.....
I don't think it would but wanted to check.

Thanks in advance ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippffo View Post
Hi All,

Thought I would share something that I have just completed in my CX3.

I had been searching for a fair while on various sites in the hope that someone had done a similar install in their CX3, but seems very limited in what to do, and where to run Wires to Tap into Speakers for a High Level Input on an Amp.

I came across the little Item called a PAC AOEM-MAZ2, it is a interface that Allows Replacement or Addition of an Amplifier in Select Mazda Vehicles.

The CX3 was not Listed as being one of the cars that it would fit, reading through some of the Reviews and Questions people have had success in plugging it into a CX5, Mazda 3 & 6, also seems to work with or without Bose.

This is the Item I bought from Amazon this is the Link to it.

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-AOEM-MAZ2...MAZ2+Interface

This Unit simply plugs into my Factory Unit it then gives 2 x sets of RCA's and also a Amp Trigger Wire.

Please see above link for photo's of how it plugs in, Photo's, and reviews, etc.

I have just Installed a Fusion Black Edition En-ab1102 10" 750w Active Sub + Amp and thought this may be very helpful for others that may be wondering what they can do without having to take the Door Trims off and chase Speaker Wires, when this really is so easy.

This Uploaded Picture below is of the Factory Box in my RHD Australian CX3, its located on the Drivers Side, down towards the Footwell, whereas if its a LHD they are saying its behind your Glove Box.

This has worked in my Australian CX3, hopefully it might work also for you.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-04-2017, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Hi Darren

How much better does the stereo sound with the Pac kit and Fusion sub.

You will still be limited by the stock speakers etc but at least they can focus more on all but low bass.

2015 CX3 Akari - 2.0 Petrol AWD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: Pedal Kit, Hood Insulator, Boot Liner, Front Parking Sensors, 40% Tint, Paddle Shifts, USB to Glovebox..Console, Infotainment Tweaks......
post #8 of 10 Old 08-06-2017, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigh View Post
Hi Darren

How much better does the stereo sound with the Pac kit and Fusion sub.

You will still be limited by the stock speakers etc but at least they can focus more on all but low bass.
for the late reply, but this really did give the car some serious bass, and probably way more than needed, but it does in my opinion make it better, I still have not really had a major play with things, as the Pac has Gain level adjustments on it as well, so I will have to get some time to have a real good go at tuning it as such, but for not it suits me fine.

Darren

post #9 of 10 Old 08-06-2017, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I used the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 with a Pioneer TS-WX120A sub that I put under the drivers seat.
The PAC AOEM-MAZ2 was truly plug n play. The Pioneer sub only required a 10 amp fuse, so I used an unused fuse location at the fuse block. It made a big difference in the sound quality.
sippffo likes this.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroper View Post
I used the PAC AOEM-MAZ2 with a Pioneer TS-WX120A sub that I put under the drivers seat.
The PAC AOEM-MAZ2 was truly plug n play. The Pioneer sub only required a 10 amp fuse, so I used an unused fuse location at the fuse block. It made a big difference in the sound quality.
at the end of the day when it comes time to sell the cars, there is no visible wiring tampering as such either, thats why I also used the Pac Unit.
Craigh likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode