1Likes
  • 1 Post By Angel Tsvetkov

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-07-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Passanger side mirror and USb problem

Hey guys, just wanted to share, and ask if someone had issues with their power-folding mirrors. I ordered the car with power-folding, and later added the Auto foldin when locking the car. 2 weeks ago, my driver side mirror was failing to fold in fully. If i pushed ever so slightly - it folds fully. I went to the dealer to inspect it, and they said they ordred a new motor for the mirror. But now comes the funny part, which made me angry 3 days ago. The passanger side mirror folds in perfectly... but does NOT open fully, i have to give it a slight push to open. After a few times of this and it works fine, then it starts acting funny again. So, i have to call the dealer about this mirror aswell.
Other problem i've been having is the lower USB port not fuctioning at all. Does not respond to USB sticks or phones or whatever is connected, just grayed out in the menu. Dealer said they ordered a new USB.
The final thing that was bugging me was the LED headlights range. My other car is a OEM Xenon equipped Audi A3, and its lighting the road much further than the Mazda's LED's. The left headlight was noticable lower than the right. Driving at night on low beam was pretty hard for me. I was testing the LED's alot with friends driving in front of me, and they said they can barely notice the headlight is turned on, they were seeing mostly the DRL light. So when i went for the Mirror and USB problem to the Dealer, i told them that i THINK the headlights are way too low, and driving is pretty difficult and asked if they can check them out. They did adjust both headlights, and now there is a noticable difference. It illuminates waaaay further than my audi, and still doesnt blind other drivers. So if any of you with LED's thinks they are low, ask the dealer for adjustment. I will try and get some pictures of the headlight at a dark place.
mainemanx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
For the mirrors, I would disconnect the relay kit and see what happens then. With regard to the USB, has anybody had the dash out? Its very unusual but don’t forget it is still under warranty.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

ď.........and another thing"
post #3 of 9 Old 05-07-2017, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

I dont want to touch anything that im not supposed to. A friend of mine has a garage which is certified and can do repairs of warranty cars, but hey its Eastern Europe and dealer will screw you if its not i their shop. I went to the dealer and they ordered a new usb and driver mirror motor. I did give it a little push so it closes, but never told the dealer i did that . Everything is covered under warranty. I wonder if i should tell them i cannot use the car since the passanger mirror is not opening to its most outward position and i cant see anything. Its way too difficult when on the driver seat and having to stretch to the other side while the mirror unfolds.

The passanger mirror opend fully when i was using the toggle but.... after 20 tries !!!! its embarrasing. Im trying to communicate with Mazda as fast as possible so i can i have fun with the car.
Other than that im happy with the car, beign my first Mazda, and surely my next car will be under the same brand.

Last edited by Angel Tsvetkov; 05-07-2017 at 10:24 PM.

post #4 of 9 Old 05-08-2017, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Perhaps, if it's very cold outside, there's potential for the door mirror mechanism to ice up slightly and stick closed. With the auto fold/unfold option there's no way to delay the unfolding, so the motor and gear mechanism would work against the jamb which might cause subsequent problems.

The rotating brushes on some car washes can be a bit tough on door mirrors too.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-08-2017, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
I've noticed the headlights are definitely lower than I think they should be, they just don't illuminate enough distance ahead of you. I haven't complained about it as I rarely drive at night, but it is definitely noticeable compared to my previous car which had HID lights.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #6 of 9 Old 05-08-2017, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Headlight aim shouldn't really be wrong out of the factory. However, there's a pdf that JPA posted in this thread - http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/engines-technical-discussion/13394-how-led-headlight-height-adjustment.html - that explains how to check/set if you're into DIY. Although probably best left to a dealer if you don't like measuring or the following statement applies: "If servicing was done which changes the vehicle height, perform the headlight auto leveling system initial setting first to record the vehicle height under the unloaded condition to the auto leveling control module, then perform headlight aiming"

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jtonline; 05-08-2017 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typo.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-08-2017, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Thats how it pretty much looks now with the readjusted LED's

post #8 of 9 Old 05-10-2017, 07:12 PM
bjn

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonline View Post
Perhaps, if it's very cold outside, there's potential for the door mirror mechanism to ice up slightly and stick closed. With the auto fold/unfold option there's no way to delay the unfolding, so the motor and gear mechanism would work against the jamb which might cause subsequent problems.

The rotating brushes on some car washes can be a bit tough on door mirrors too.
No, they works fine in Scandinavia......

Mazda CX-3 150 AWD Automatic Optimum 2016 -
Honda Civic Sport 1.8 Automatic 2012 -
post #9 of 9 Old 05-12-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

USB changed now it works. Driver mirror motor changed and works. Right wing mirror motor is ordered. So i guess 2 weeks till it comes. Dealer said mirrors were damaged to due pressing from 'haters' or just idiots. I said it's impossible as the car is stored in a garage and if its not at home i am with the car and always next to it so thats not possible.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode