Get the CX-5 parking software for CX-3 (and various questions) - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By bjn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-22-2017, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Get the CX-5 parking software for CX-3 (and various questions)

I just bought the CX-3 as my first car. (Live in Denmark, so the prices are mental, $50.000) - it's pretty great though, a fun and nice car which actually feels quite premium. The only thing I've wanted to change is the parking system. The CX-5 has the nice bended trajectory curve when parkng, and it must be possible to have on the CX-3 as well (after all my math says it's just the wheel turn degrees paired with some math and then show it on a screen). Has anyone done this?

I would also really like Google Maps for navigation, but that seems harder to do, but in general I have a hard time finding various mods or how-to's and see what is available. If anyone has some resources regarding that it would be great, I'm a Computer Science Major so I can program whatever I want for the car pretty much, if I can find some resources regarding what I have access too - but it seems there are ways as I see some "hacks" (really software mods I guess?) around. I also got the auto-folding side mirrors, so I suspect there must be some form of events I can react to code-wise.

Lastly, has anyone had a DAMD body-kit equipped on a jet-black version of the CX-3? I can't figure out if I think it looks as good as it does on white. Unfortunately the white color had a 5 month waiting list, so ended up opting for the jet-black.

//Tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-22-2017, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Welcome to another Dane (and with another jet black CX-3) :-)

For mods to the MZD Connect You should head over to Mazda3revolution: 2014-2017 Mazda 3 Skyactiv Audio & Electronics - 2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums

2015 Mazda CX-3 2.0 120HP Optimum Aut. Jet Black -with all the gadgets
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-14-2017, 06:27 AM
KAS

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tquila View Post
I just bought the CX-3 as my first car. (Live in Denmark, so the prices are mental, $50.000) - it's pretty great though, a fun and nice car which actually feels quite premium. The only thing I've wanted to change is the parking system. The CX-5 has the nice bended trajectory curve when parkng, and it must be possible to have on the CX-3 as well (after all my math says it's just the wheel turn degrees paired with some math and then show it on a screen). Has anyone done this?

I would also really like Google Maps for navigation, but that seems harder to do, but in general I have a hard time finding various mods or how-to's and see what is available. If anyone has some resources regarding that it would be great, I'm a Computer Science Major so I can program whatever I want for the car pretty much, if I can find some resources regarding what I have access too - but it seems there are ways as I see some "hacks" (really software mods I guess?) around. I also got the auto-folding side mirrors, so I suspect there must be some form of events I can react to code-wise.

Lastly, has anyone had a DAMD body-kit equipped on a jet-black version of the CX-3? I can't figure out if I think it looks as good as it does on white. Unfortunately the white color had a 5 month waiting list, so ended up opting for the jet-black.

//Tq
$50,000 USD? I paid $26000 for a loaded GT minus AWD. Surely that conversion is off.....I would hope anyway.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-14-2017, 11:43 PM
bjn

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
$50,000 USD? I paid $26000 for a loaded GT minus AWD. Surely that conversion is off.....I would hope anyway.
Well, my fellow dane must remember to tell, that in Denmark we pay a very high registration fee (tax) on new cars which, among other things, causes us to have free school, universities, medical care, etc. This is true for your entire life here ...(yet!).
The wages are at a high level in Scandinavia, so we'll probably land more or less in the same living level anyway. But looking at car prices in isolation, it looks crazy ...
This was a very...very simplified explanation ;-)
anchorman likes this.

Mazda CX-3 150 AWD Automatic Optimum 2016 -
Honda Civic Sport 1.8 Automatic 2012 -
post #5 of 5 Old 07-15-2017, 02:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tquila View Post
...The CX-5 has the nice bended trajectory curve when parkng...
Is this a new feature on the 2017 CX-5? Or maybe one of the many regional differences? My wife has a 2016 CX-5 and the rear camera functions exactly the same as the one on my 2016 CX-3.... i.e.: No bending lines.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode