User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 Old 12-08-2016, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
59 is only a system update that fixes mostly bug issues such as nav acting funny (freezing/blackout/thinks you are in a a different country), optimizing the infotainment (speed) and minor stuff like that. As of right now there is no news from Mazda that apple carplay or android auto will be added anytime soon, wish they would add it already so I dont have to mess with syncing my phone after every update.

Also its routine to have dealers update your software. Just mention it and they can update your system to latest specs. I do it all the time at the dealer I work with with no issue as its all warranty paid anyways. It usually takes 20-30 mins to do and easier if you have a dealer do it since they can use a power supply to keep the car on w/o interference. I myself has all versions since 33 for vehicles that have never been updated for some time.

Certified Mazda Technician
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 12-08-2016, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Garage
Honestly after installing the unofficial Android Auto mod and playing around with it, it is just "meh" and I'm kinda over it. The only think I care about is the live traffic of Google Maps. I don't like the Google Maps interface on it's own, the car's navigation software has a much better interface. I would really like Mazda to bring the connected services back, and somehow incorporate Google's live traffic service into their navigation. That would be ideal.
drs88 likes this.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #13 of 17 Old 12-08-2016, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I guess that unless you are having problems this update will not do much with the overall experience of the infotainment system.

post #14 of 17 Old 12-08-2016, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playthru1 View Post
I guess that unless you are having problems this update will not do much with the overall experience of the infotainment system.
I would still update it regardless, especially if you are getting service might as well. I always update my unit as much as there are updates no matter how small (there were at least small updates for 55)

Certified Mazda Technician
post #15 of 17 Old 12-09-2016, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
As the man says, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" Mine doesn't seem to be broken, but if it works even slightly better with the updated system, it would be worth a try. My complaint is that it takes too long to boot the system from a cold start. I'm already heading down the road by the time it starts to function (the warning screen fades, the GPS map appears and the music starts to play.) In my previous car (a Forester) everything would start right up as soon as I turn the key.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
post #16 of 17 Old 12-09-2016, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
That's strange because I see no delay unless I am using the back up camera and even then It is very slight.
post #17 of 17 Old 05-18-2019, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi,

I have = MAZ_CMU-150_55.00.760A Flavor cmu150_NA =.

Is it possible to update with EU FW ?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode