User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-12-2016, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Has anyone tried a hack?

I really want to put on the hack that makes mute pause the CD; but am terrified of trashing it. Anyone tried the hacks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-14-2016, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I did it when my CMU was version 55 (which the hack was meant for, no problems) but now that I am on version 59, I have not tried it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 Mazda CX-3 Grand Touring Soul Red Black Interior
post #3 of 16 Old 01-24-2017, 02:54 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I applied a lot of the hacks today and everything seems to work great, but I am on V55.00.753. The only thing I noticed is that it seems to take a little longer to boot when I start the car, but I did include the custom background w/rotating images hack and I don't know if that's what's causing the lag. It boots up with the original background first, then a second later the custom background comes up.

'16 Deep Blue Metallic AWD GT w/i-Activesense

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old 01-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I applied AIO tweak and trashed my 3 day old cx3's MZD
3 weeks later no luck from getting mazda to fix it or fix it from forums suggestions.
In my opinion forget the hacks, I still don't bhave a solution have even contacted head office and they wont reply back.
Just don't risk it , I might have to fork out $1000 for new mzd
post #5 of 16 Old 01-27-2017, 04:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspot Toy Freddy View Post
3 weeks later no luck from getting mazda to fix it or fix it from forums suggestions.
In my opinion forget the hacks, I still don't bhave a solution have even contacted head office and they wont reply back.
Are you telling us that the Mazda dealer turned you away (meaning that they would not even try to fix it)? Or the dealer tried to fix it but was unsuccessful (meaning they'd have to order you a new MZD system)? If it's the former, then that makes zero sense, and the dealer is being an dick. Go to another dealer. If it's the latter, then are they (the dealer) saying that you broke it so you have to pay to fix it? If so, then IMO they're still being a dick since you have a brand new car. Case-in-point: when I had to have my AD replaced after one month of ownership (collector screen had adhesive gunk on it), it was covered, no questions asked. Now, I certainly expected Mazda to cover this since the car was delivered new to me with the adhesive on the display. However the service advisor told me that this dealer has had to replace a bunch of AD collectors mainly due to the owners trying to force the screen down, thus damaging it. He said the dealer still warrantied the repair even though it wasn't the car's fault.

In any event, I agree it's best not to hack the system.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)
post #6 of 16 Old 01-27-2017, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Your normal dealer would not even understand what the hacks were and certainly would not attempt to correct the issues.

If they can't get to the update firmware screen then Their answer will be to remove the MZD and replace it.

Massive overkill.

I am always a bit shy of using the all in one hack as all the individual hacks were built for so many different versions of the operating system.

One of my hacks is in that build and while it is very simple I have only tested it on certain Australian firmwares.

If you are trying to recover your unit there are good instructions on the other Mazda forums of how to progress.

For the original poster, I think many hacks are harmless and won't cause any issues just don't apply more than one at a time and follow the instructions carefully.

I actually prefer to telnet into the MZD and copy all files to a backup that may be changed then apply my updates one at a time.

I can then copy back any single file rather than doing a full firmware write.

The hack your looking at I should less likely to harm if things go wrong as it's not part of the boot process like te ones that change disclaimer etc.

Also always have a download of the full firmware on a USB so you can go back to standard if things don't go as planned.

2015 CX3 Akari - 2.0 Petrol AWD

Mods: Pedal Kit, Hood Insulator, Boot Liner, Front Parking Sensors, 40% Tint, Paddle Shifts, USB to Glovebox..Console, Infotainment Tweaks......

Last edited by Craigh; 01-27-2017 at 11:23 AM.
post #7 of 16 Old 01-27-2017, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tspot Toy Freddy View Post
Don't believe a Mazda dealer on a 3 day old car with a infotainment that just stopped working would deny you, but anything is possible. Did you use AIO V2.2? That is made for the newer FW versions of the CMU. If you have FW 58.xxx, then you probably should not have tried to install any of the tweaks. If you do not know which FW version you had, you really shouldn't have tried to install any of the tweaks. But really they have made fixing it pretty simple. All you have to do is create an uninstall USB and run it in the car and it will reverse everything that was done. And definitely do not install Android Auto. It's still way to buggy for the system.

Anyway, here's a couple picks of the hacks I did on V2 over the past couple of days. And of course V2.2 with more hacks just came out, so now back to hacking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170124_084617.jpg
Views:	2485
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	14946   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170124_085743.jpg
Views:	1380
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	14954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170124_085753.jpg
Views:	1446
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	14962  

'16 Deep Blue Metallic AWD GT w/i-Activesense

post #8 of 16 Old 01-27-2017, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
My simple solution to pause CD/USB is to have an unwired & cut down jack plug in the Aux socket and then use voice control, saying "Go to Aux". Then say "Go to USB1" whenever I want to go back to listening to the music on my memory stick from the point I left it.
Elftone likes this.

09/15 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic

post #9 of 16 Old 03-07-2017, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonline View Post
My simple solution to pause CD/USB is to have an unwired & cut down jack plug in the Aux socket and then use voice control, saying "Go to Aux". Then say "Go to USB1" whenever I want to go back to listening to the music on my memory stick from the point I left it.
Not exactly elegant, but if you are on the navigation screen, it is probably best. Why couldn't the mute button just pause the CD?!
Thanks

Last edited by Toller; 03-07-2017 at 05:12 PM.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-08-2017, 12:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
If you do something to your vehicle like a mod or a hack you can't expect a dealer to fix your screwup,I know it's harsh but how can you expect a dealer to fix something you did?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode