User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2016, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Disable initial warning on heads up display

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the warning that pops up in the heads up display each and every time you start the car? Beyond annoying at this point!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Im curious what warning you get on the HUD? Mine displays "CX-3" then transitions to MPH and the driving lanes.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
@DJ9999 - it's the generic warning that pops up right after the Mazda logo on the heads up display when you start the vehicle. It basically gives the Warning about driving distracted...blah...blah...blah. It eventually times out on it's own or you can hit ok to expedite. It's just annoying that it comes on each and every time.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Garage
I don't get that on the HUD but I do get it on the Infotainment/Nav screen.

There are ways of disabling it, here is one:
Fast Boot (Remove Nag Screen) ? Mazda CMU Hacks

2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black
2017 MX-5 RF Launch Edition
2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!) -- SOLD!

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Why bother about it as the warning on the Infotainment/Navigation center display goes away on its own after a couple of seconds. Kind of funny with the reddish (I think) "I AGREE" box, which goes away without having to acknowledge it. Almost like Mazda saying: "you WILL agree". This is so much better than my Acura MDX, where a similar message on startup stayed for 30 seconds waiting for the driver to physically acknowledge it (by pressing the center ENTER knob). If the driver never hit "enter" by pressing the knob within the strict 30-second limit, the navigation screen would go blank (as in totally dark). Drove me and thousands of other MDX owners nuts. There was a hack devised for this by another owner, but after a couple of brave (or foolish) individuals tried it (and disabled their navigation), the poster then took it down.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)
Old 10-04-2016, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
@skyking , the point is to reduce it from the ridiculously long 3 seconds. The infotainment system is already slow to start compared to many other cars, and 3 additional seconds is like adding insult to injury. It's stupid and unnecessary, and at the very least there should be an option to turn it off.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
Old 10-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
I don't find the "warning" particularly bothersome. While its displayed, I'm usually fastening my seatbelt, place my phone by the brake and look around at my surroundings before going into reverse. By this time, the warning is gone and system is almost booted.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
I guess it is the driver's state of mind. I don't mind the warning most of the time, but when I am in a real hurry to get somewhere and need to use my navigation, It bothers the hell out of me!
greaseman85 likes this.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:56 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Yes you can do it.

Fast Boot (Remove Nag Screen) ? Mazda CMU Hacks

Ive done mine. On a cold boot its still the 3 seconds, but other than that its about .5 seconds and its great.

2016 CX-3 GT - CW
Old 10-05-2016, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post
@skyking , the point is to reduce it from the ridiculously long 3 seconds. The infotainment system is already slow to start compared to many other cars, and 3 additional seconds is like adding insult to injury. It's stupid and unnecessary, and at the very least there should be an option to turn it off.
Yes, Greaseman85, I hear you. All I was saying is that, compared to my last vehicle (Acura MDX), the Mazda system boots up quick enough for me. With the old Honda/Acura system, which they no longer use, you had to perform a manual operation to complete the nav boot. THAT was a royal pain.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)