• 1 Post By greaseman85
  • 1 Post By Vipre77

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-22-2016, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
CX-3 MazdaSpeed

I'm really interested in receiving news and information regarding the MazdaSpeed version of the CX-3. I love everything about the current CX-3 except the engine configuration under the hood. I'm hoping the rumors I've heard about an upcoming turbocharged version of this vehicle are true.
Is there a site on this forum to track this information?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-22-2016, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
You just started the CX3 Mazdaspeed thread. Personally, I would prefer the Mazdaspeed version to have the reliability of the 2.5L naturally aspirated engine coupled with the MX5 manual 6-speed transmission. Tune the 2.5L to 200HP/200lbft, add some upgraded brake calipers, an exhaust with a little more note, coilovers and we have a winner.
Vipre77 likes this.

Ceramic GT, AWD, 18% Window Tint, Matte Black Enkei Raijin 18x8 with Black Spline Drive Lugs, 225/45R18 Michelin AS3, All Weather Floor/Cargo Mat, Splash Guards, De-Badged Tailgate, Black Plastic-Dip Accents
post #3 of 4 Old 01-22-2016, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Garage
This is on the front page of the forum:
http://www.cx3forum.com/forum/cx-3-n...ed-cx-3-a.html
DJ9999 likes this.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-22-2016, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLyveWyre View Post
You just started the CX3 Mazdaspeed thread. Personally, I would prefer the Mazdaspeed version to have the reliability of the 2.5L naturally aspirated engine coupled with the MX5 manual 6-speed transmission. Tune the 2.5L to 200HP/200lbft, add some upgraded brake calipers, an exhaust with a little more note, coilovers and we have a winner.
This. 200 HP would be plenty fast in this little car and staying with 87 octane gas would be outstanding, if possible. Not sure how much more they can push these little high-compression engines before they start knocking like crazy. Also, no turbo lag is nice and it saves quite a bit of money and space in the engine bay by not have all the extra parts needed for a turbo setup. Lower the car an inch or so, put on the more aggressive suspension bits with some nice wheels, make the Kuroi Sports trim kit standard, and dress up the interior upholstery a bit.

People would naturally want to make comparisons to the WRX, Evo, Focus RS because of the AWD. The MINI Cooper product line would be a better comparison here, I think.
pismocycleguy likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode