CX-3 or CX-5 - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-18-2013, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CX-3 or CX-5

I am contemplating purchasing a Mazda CX5, but now that I've heard the CX3 may be coming out in another year or so I'm really tempted to wait. The reason is that I feel the CX5 is too big, and will be a bit heavy on gas for me.

Does anyone have a rough breakdown of the major differences between the CX3 and the CX5?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey dude i thinks you just drive them both and get the one you like better. I mean...really?? How could ANY of us know what car is best for you?
Super Metal Recyclers

Last edited by NirraSiyapa; 12-21-2013 at 09:41 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-27-2015, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Well this is certainly an old post, but the topic is correct so I'm going to revive it. Now that the fuel economy numbers are out, the CX-3 isn't looking like as much as a slam-dunk as it was before. The main details it has going for it now are the sportiness of its ride next to the competition and it seems better equipped than many of its competitors. However, the amount of room you get is behind most of its competitors.

On the flip side, both the Mazda 3 and the CX-5 get more cargo and people room. In terms of the CX-5, you get more than double the space with the seats up, better ground clearance and optional all-wheel-drive (important for me because of snow), and only slightly worse fuel economy. What's more, the CX-5 has been available for a few years so it's possible to get a used model for less. Taking those things into consideration, I'm starting to lean much more towards to CX-5 as long as it isn't too big and still handles well.

Ideally, I'm wanting a compact vehicle that handles like a tall hatchback like the Vibe I currently own. It has a higher seating position that most hatchbacks, but still handles like an agile small car. This is what a crossover means to me, not just a smaller SUV with awkward handling like the Trax. The CX-3 looks to fit that quite well, but at the sacrifice of space. The CX-5 could potentially work as long as it isn't too big for my tastes. The Mazda 3 would cut the difference, but I really want the AWD after the last few years of heavy snowfalls. Winter tires can only do so much if you can't get moving in the first place.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-27-2015, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I think what this conversation is lacking currently is pricing information. I followed both the HRV and Renegade and one thing was clear once both vehicles were priced and on lots, you can negotiate more car for a similar price. There are more then a few HRV shoppers who ended up in a CRV because the numbers just made more sense, same goes for REnegade vs Cherokee...
post #5 of 5 Old 05-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Jay

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanban View Post
I think what this conversation is lacking currently is pricing information. I followed both the HRV and Renegade and one thing was clear once both vehicles were priced and on lots, you can negotiate more car for a similar price. There are more then a few HRV shoppers who ended up in a CRV because the numbers just made more sense, same goes for REnegade vs Cherokee...
That's what i've noticed early in the process, after looking at what the Renegades goes for, some guys just completely dropped the idea of owning one and jumped straight to a Cherokee.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode