XenonDepot H11 and 9005 LED kits (w/ phillips) - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-05-2016, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
XenonDepot H11 and 9005 LED kits (w/ phillips)

So i bought these today, after trying to furiously research. I wanted to post here, but for some reason couldn't until just now.

I bought the Xenondepot LED kits for my 2016 mazda3 (GX).
They dont use fans...they have heatsinks.

I ordered the H11 with Canbus, and the 9005 without DRL....since from my reading the DRL's are on the low beans(H11) and not the highbeams(9005). The bulbs are phillips LED. i even went outside and put the car in drive, and had the wife look at the headlights to see which snapped on for DRL. it was definitely the outer lights (lowbeam)

The Links to the lights are here....

H11 - H11 LED Headlight Kit | H11 LED Upgrade

9005 - 9005 LED Headlight Kit | 9005 LED Upgrade

i'm hoping i ordered everything right, can anyone chime in here? =) Thanks!

Btw. this was my first post!

Last edited by Soulsedg3; 05-06-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-11-2016, 03:10 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Hi, I bought those H8 H9 H11 60W 7800LM Philips LED KIT DRL Canbus 3000K 6000K 8000K | eBay. This kit is really PnP, Connect the LED drivers on the harness and the bulb and that's it.
But like every review for LED bulb, the light doesn't throw far enough like the halogen, and I hope that your kit will not flicker due to lower voltage in DRL mod. I will post pix for the cutoff, and I'd like to see yours if possible.
So far I'm not very impressed with those LED compared to a real retrofit, so I'm keeping my Night Breakers in the Trunk.

My english isn't very good
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FrenchYin; 05-11-2016 at 03:42 AM.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-11-2016, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Mine should be here today or tomorrow. I will post the results of mine from xenon depot. I am hoping they throw as much if not more light. My kit only came with the one color. No ability to change them.

I ordered my lows with canbus. And my highs without anything.

Will post as soon as they are in. I'm looking forward to seeing the cutoffs in yours. Do yours flicker?

post #4 of 15 Old 05-11-2016, 01:42 PM

Garage
Nop, Mines are always on with the same intensity no matter DRL or at night, I'll post pics this afternoon

post #5 of 15 Old 05-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Garage
The cutoff isn't very sharp and looks intense near a wall only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160511_122509.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	9065   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160511_122015.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	9073  

post #6 of 15 Old 05-13-2016, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Installed mine today. No canbus needed or anything direct plug n play no flickering. Drl is full brightness like yours.

But the cutoff on my lowbeams is quite pronounced at distance compared to yours. My highbeams are amazing. The highbeams aren't going as far as my performance halogens....but very very close.....the leds flood the ditch more...and definitely make the whole spectrum nicer. I love these lights I bought. I think my lowbeams need to be adjusted upwards though. Cutoff is too low on the road.

Here are some pics.

Lows:

High:
post #7 of 15 Old 05-17-2016, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LED Conversion

Does anyone know if you can just swap out the LED OEM fixtures that come on the Grand Touring models with the regular Touring's Halogen fixtures?

I had a loaner Grand Touring and I loved the lights more than anything. Oh, and the wheels. I love the 18's.

I saw these and was curious: 2016 Mazda CX3 Headlight Headlamp Driver Passenger Set RH LH | eBay

2016 CX-3
2010 Mazda 3s
1972 Triumph Spitfire
post #8 of 15 Old 05-17-2016, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
It's not a straight forward swap, there would be modification of the wiring needed too. These junk yards never do the obvious thing and provide the plug and the first 6 inches of wiring. In any case I think the price and the shipping is a rip off considering the lights are broken. I wouldn't risk that kind of money on broken headlights.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2018 anchorman

.........and another thing"
post #9 of 15 Old 05-18-2016, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

I doubt it. Due to the component of the headlights turning with the wheel in whichever direction your turning. I'd assume it's more then just a headlight swap. I think the leds on gt have an auto level feature tied to rear suspension also. While others don't? I may be wrong and lower models may have leveling feature.

I got my base model upgraded to 18 inchers with the brand new mazda aftermarket rims the released. Much nicer then gt rims. No joke....I brought my car back in 2 days later when it was tinted etc. Then again a week later for its undercoating. The receptionist was laughing cause she said one of their employees loved my car with its rims and tint so much he bought one also. Lol. Same rims color etc. I'll post a pic tonight

Last edited by Soulsedg3; 05-18-2016 at 12:01 PM.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-20-2016, 05:54 AM

Hi

Thanks for posting the pics, I was thinking on the same kit as you, but Im a little confused. You ordered with canbus right? Im not sure If I have to order with or without.

Thanks!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode