LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-17-2016, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Cleaning Wheel Fender/Liner

Good day everyone.

Can anyone please share their experience/advise on how to clean the wheel fenders/liners? I ask, because I noticed they use the 'carpet' like material and not sure standard soap will keep them clean, plus don't want to scrub them with a brush either.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-17-2016, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
I've used a pressure washer and still cannot get the debris from leaves off of the fuzz. I assume they will decompose over time I wish Mazda had chosen a better material that would aid in proper cleaning.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-17-2016, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
a low cost method is to head on over to a coin wash. Use the soap spray and aim with full pressure in the wheel well area. let it soak for a good ~4-5 mins.

then use water and pressure wash spray the sh*t out of those areas. it has worked very well for me.

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT

post #4 of 8 Old 02-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
That product uses quite a lot of recycled material but the main benefit is that it suppresses a significant amount of spray. I reckon the best method is the pressure washer but don't beat yourself up over it. It is extremely durable and other than the looks, it won't come to any harm or degrade. It will actually clean itself in heavy rain.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #5 of 8 Old 02-18-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
That product uses quite a lot of recycled material but the main benefit is that it suppresses a significant amount of spray. I reckon the best method is the pressure washer but don't beat yourself up over it. It is extremely durable and other than the looks, it won't come to any harm or degrade. It will actually clean itself in heavy rain.
Thank you for the information...good to know.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-19-2016, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Hmm! It is the same stuff that audio engineers use inside speaker enclosures to deaden sound. I once had a pair of English made "Leak" speakers that had the same type of bitumen inside. Great sound from them. If it deadens sound hitting it, I imagine the same laws of physics would apply to road crap hitting it and making it stick or slide off instead of bouncing off and causing misery on some other surface.

He who works with his hands is a Labourer. He who works with his hands and his head is a Craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an Artist. -St. Francis of Assisi

2016 Mazda CX3 GT Tech pkg. Soul Red.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-19-2016, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Garage
word of the day: bitumen

2016 Dynamic Blue CX-3 GT ... 2005 Titanium Grey RX-8 GT
post #8 of 8 Old 02-20-2016, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
Hmm! It is the same stuff that audio engineers use inside speaker enclosures to deaden sound. I once had a pair of English made "Leak" speakers that had the same type of bitumen inside. Great sound from them. If it deadens sound hitting it, I imagine the same laws of physics would apply to road crap hitting it and making it stick or slide off instead of bouncing off and causing misery on some other surface.
Yes I'm sure you're right. I noticed at the dealer yesterday they had a CX-5 and it had the furry stuff at the back where it is opposite to the interior and plain plastic at the front.

Can't fit the word of the day in there so I'll just have to confess how much I like the smell of bitumen. In fact when they are resurfacing a road I could actually hang about like some sort of groupie waiting for an autograph. Did anybody notice how good a new camera smells when you open the box or is it just me?

Has this gone off topic? Where's the moderators when you need them?

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode