Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Mirror trouble

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  jtonline 
#1 ·
Well my little truck has let the side down and thrown un its first warranty issue. The left side mirror (passenger side for me in the UK) has stopped turning in when requested. It started by being intermittent but has now stopped altogether but I can hear the motor running inside so I guess the drive gears have detached.

The big challenge now is to make until Friday when it is booked in without catching it or marking it in any way or for sure they will reject the warranty. So far it is pristine but for somebody who is plagued with Murphy’s Law, its almost certain doom. Wish me luck!!!

I’ve also requested the MZD software upgrade.

I will keep you updated.

#3 ·
I hope you are feeling better.

It's just a software (or is it firmware) upgrade that fixes and improves the infotainment system.

#4 ·
Thanks @anchorman :) Will make it through, odd journey ahead. That will be a good upgrade then, My bluetooth doesn't always connect lately, would also be nice to see a Spotify addition to the system.

#5 ·
I can cheerfully pull the engine and gearbox apart but some of the others will have to explain the extent of the upgrade.

#6 ·
Latest update.

I called at the dealer today and they have ordered a new mirror assembly. They are obviously satisfied that the mirror has never been struck as it is pristine but I never got chance to ask if they’d had any others. I’ve certainly not heard of it on any of the forums so hopefully a one off. I’m still dead pleased with the car.

They will do the radio software upgrade when it is in.

#7 ·
It takes roughly an hour to do the Mazda-Connect firmware update. It's a case of copying a couple of files to a USB memory stick, pressing buttons and then waiting for the data to transfer. I did it myself as the instructions and files were posted on another forum. It's a good idea to have it done by a dealer though, as they will have to fix it if anything goes wrong during the process.

#8 ·
I probably wouldn't even bother but they can do it while it's in. The reception here in the hills is appalling so I could bin the radio and the DAB and not miss it but I do use the satnav and the USB connection to my phone.

#9 ·
I wish we had the powerfolding mirrors here. I bet those mirror assembly with the blind spot monitor would be $1500 U.S per set

#10 ·
Maybe so. The latest Sportnavs (equivalent to a GT) have blind spot monitoring but mine was one of the first and doesn't. Some of the others have bought a kit to fold the mirrors when the ignition is turned off but I don't mind flicking a switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.