User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-02-2015, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Question on Clear Paint Protection Film

Hey has anyone purchased the Clear Paint Protection Film? I would like to get it with the roads in New York riddled with pot holes and rocks and pebbles.

It's listed at 95.00 on the USA website and was wondering what other people have been charged. My car hasn't come in yet and my salesman doesn't have an idea what it will cost. Says I have to talk to the Finance Manager.

Just want idea of cost and if it's worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-02-2015, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Definitely worth the cost. I had it done on my 2014 Mazda3. It's made four 3000 mi roundtrips from CA to MT and there isn't a chip on the front where it was applied. I paid $650 for the front fascia, hood, headlights, mirrors and the door handle indentations.
post #3 of 16 Old 10-03-2015, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
well worth the cost to get the 3m wrap done. Keep the front end and mirrors from receiving those angry little chips! I heard there is a windshield warp too, Sadly I was too late to do mine. 3 weeks of owning it, I got one rock and it cracked the windshield 8 inches!

post #4 of 16 Old 10-03-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPANT View Post
well worth the cost to get the 3m wrap done. Keep the front end and mirrors from receiving those angry little chips! I heard there is a windshield warp too, Sadly I was too late to do mine. 3 weeks of owning it, I got one rock and it cracked the windshield 8 inches!
ugh sorry to hear that! I feel for you! Good luck with the fix!

Unfortunately with the road conditions the way they are there is shrapnel all over the place. I live in New York and the roads are all cracked and pebble ridden so it's car chip waiting to happen!
post #5 of 16 Old 10-03-2015, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerunr View Post
Definitely worth the cost. I had it done on my 2014 Mazda3. It's made four 3000 mi roundtrips from CA to MT and there isn't a chip on the front where it was applied. I paid $650 for the front fascia, hood, headlights, mirrors and the door handle indentations.
Wow 650? the Mazda website list the film protection at 100 bucks...at least for the Mazda CX-3. Why so much for the 3?
post #6 of 16 Old 10-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMPANT View Post

That really sux!!

I forgot the name of the package we bought but with no deductible our CX3 will be covered from dings, scratches, curbed rims, potholes and a bunch of other crap. I don't normally purchase these types of add ons but living in Chicago and watching my Murano go through abuse for the past 12 years, made we want to add a little more protection. This is my wife's car and she plans on keeping it as long as possible so it was worth it to us
post #7 of 16 Old 10-03-2015, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Yeah I was so mad when that happened! Luckily I was able to make it to a parking lot glass repair gypsy right away. Still there but won't get worse. I was offered a Windshield deal from Mazda that I should have taken them up on it, but was too tight on the money. I do have insurance for glass coverage, but will wait to get it replaced. Winter is coming which means more cracks and chips
post #8 of 16 Old 10-04-2015, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
5 in 1 package

I forgot the name of the package we bought but with no deductible our CX3 will be covered from dings, scratches, curbed rims, potholes and a bunch of other crap. Its the 5 in 1 package covers door dings, lost Keys and curbed rims for 5 years took my payments up 86 cents a month
1362 likes this.
post #9 of 16 Old 10-05-2015, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
San Francisco Bay Area is why...lol. Seriously though, I didn't check the dealers price. I went to a shop that was highly recommended and they did a great job. It's holding up very well.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Prather View Post
I forgot the name of the package we bought but with no deductible our CX3 will be covered from dings, scratches, curbed rims, potholes and a bunch of other crap. Its the 5 in 1 package covers door dings, lost Keys and curbed rims for 5 years took my payments up 86 cents a month
Yea, that's the same package we bought.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode