• 1 Post By SlyCoopers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-14-2018, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Question Request: pic of car with bumper off

Hello,

This is probably a strange post but if anyone has any old pictures or is going to be taking their bumper off can you please share a picture of the cx-3 with the bumper off primarily around the front crashbar area.

I am working on comparing measurements of random parts meant for other cars in an effort to get a solid front "rally" bar with light mounts on our cx-3. This will be bolted onto the crashbar but as it is freezing here in addition to work, I do not have time to take apart the front bumper anytime soon so I was wondering if anyone had any pictures lying around of their cx-3 with the bumper off.

Hopefully by the end of this I will have a list of parts and a guide to install the front bar + offroad lights on the cx-3 without needing to resort to shops doing custom welding fabrication. I was initially going to wait until spring but I am too impatient when it comes to stuff like this haha.

*I found a picture by anchorman on an old post but the angle is a little too high for the area I was looking into. But basically something like this is needed if you have it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cx3bumpercoverOFF.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	21827  
Blueprint2049 likes this.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 11-14-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-16-2018, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
What? You'd let cold, ice, snow, and freezing rain slow you down ... and even work? ;-)

Sorry, I've no pictures ... but are you adapting the Subie crash bar as additional protection, or mainly to mount your driving lights?

Amongst my many other CX-3 projects, I've been thinking of using the tie-down/towing attachments, mounting each light independently, with no cross bar.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-16-2018, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Depends how much protection it would add haha. Mainly for the lights but the mounting method is looking to be very solid for the time being. Ive been scouring the interwebs for random installation videos of the light bar mount for various vehicles, comparing measurements and miniscule differences across models and such. These measurements ive compared to the cx-3 lower grille opening dimensions and am pretty confident Ive narrowed it down to a few options that do not require cuting one of the vertical plastic braces in the lower grille. Ive gotten pretty close to developing a mock prototype but as I initially anticipated, this is probably going to have to be a next spring project seeing as it is gonna take a lot of time working outside with bumper off and such. Waiting for parts is half the battle also :/

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode