User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 11-09-2018, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aftermarket lighting options

Without going full Jeep with the light bar, what are some grill lights you all have? Looking for something small like these two PIAA lights. I wanted to buy this exact CX-3, but it was about $5k out of my price range, so I'm forced to emulate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mazda.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	21805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mazda 2.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	21807  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-09-2018, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Jeeze.. these pictures are like crack to me lol Ive been trying to find a way to setup a bar for light mounting that didnt involve bolting to license plate holes. Is there a link to this for more pictures? I have seen this on subarus which usually bolt through the bumper on the frame or crashbar etc. Have yet to see this on a mazda from a seller.

Currently the only way as far as I know is the "universal license plate bull bar" which is really small and cheap and basically bolts to the license plate holes on the bumper. Unfortunatly the bumper isnt a stable or hard surface to hold something with weight of a decent set of lights not to mention the air resistance it would be getting. Worst case scenario it rips off with your license plate.

Another route Ive been monitoring is in relation to custom fabrication shops, some places in australia claim to have a full bullbar 2" tubing type thing but thats costing a lovely grand + international shipping so not looking to appealing from my perspective.

The easiest way seems to be to set up roof rails and a basket and attach lights on that if you were interested in pursuing that route also.
Blueprint2049 likes this.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 11-10-2018 at 12:57 AM.
post #3 of 16 Old 11-09-2018, 11:30 PM

After further research as this got my hopes up I came across this

https://www.amazon.com/Subaru-Crosst...=ssd+rally+bar

Its a subaru only product but the bar looks identical to it so thats half the battle, there looks like there is 4 mounting points as it overhangs in front of the license plate. One of the variations of this bar I came across seems doable depending on the mounting configuration. I wish I could get a better look at that mazda to see how its mounted because im almost certain its one of these bars without the SSD logo bolted somewhere either on the bumper (which would be a terrible idea) or somewhere around the radiator.

post #4 of 16 Old 11-09-2018, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
That car looks wicked. Are those the same tires you're running Sly?
post #5 of 16 Old 11-10-2018, 12:03 AM

Yep bfgoodrich ko2s on sparco wheels. I almost debated those same exact wheels after seeing them on a subaru once upon a time but the price of the cheapo ones I got was much more appealing
Stokers Rule likes this.

post #6 of 16 Old 11-10-2018, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

This car was for sale on my neighborhood, but it was sold about a week ago so the only information I have is what I remember to screen shot. However, if you Google "Mazda CX-3 5280 package" you'll see a few more pictures of it. I'm pretty sure the 5280 package was just something that this dealership threw together, but I am trying so hard to copy

I find it funny after looking at the pictures closer, the description for the car says General Grabber, but they're clearly the Bridgestones and it says the light kit is Hella, when clearly it's PIAA. Not sure what the SDD means

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Blueprint2049; 11-10-2018 at 02:38 PM.
post #7 of 16 Old 11-10-2018, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Apparently whoever put the description together also thought it had 18" wheels

Last edited by Blueprint2049; 11-10-2018 at 02:37 PM.
post #8 of 16 Old 11-10-2018, 02:29 PM

Thank you for taking screenshots since all traces of this seems to have been removed from the internet apparantly.

Wow that "package" description hurts to read.. you dodged a bullet not getting this by the way. I would not trust a dealership (or any really) that blantantly lies and tries to hype up literally cheap things that cost a few dollars.. not to mention misrepresenting packages and installed parts. You can literally buy a new base model cx-3 (which im pretty sure this is) and spend maybe a grand to get a full set of ko2s on stock 16, thule basket even though theres a ton of different other options at cheaper prices, and a can of plastidip to hit up the emblems. With an extra 5k You might as well upgrade to the GT version and get AWD included (this was not on base in 2016 not sure about now), LED headlights, and other perks.

Time for some annoyances:
-18" wheel lol if this was the case the wheel would not fit. I debated trying ko2's on the stock 18 and the sidewall it needs in general is just extremely incompatible with the space available.
-tire size is fake
-tire type is fake
-STI roof spoiler is a lie and does not exist lol what even
-SSD lightbar and thule roof basket are probably the only 2 things that are accurate not justified by "6500" value
-Black lettering lol this cost almost nothing...
-"We believe in aggressive pricing our inventory by performing daily market analysis" + also misleading customers into a 5k upcharge made appealing by saying its originally $6500.

Regarding the front bar, I am doubting the structural integrity of the bar itself depending who installed it. If this is a "new" car thats been rigged up by the dealer then its suspicious and sketchy and probably not warrantied because mazda will never cover anything aftermarket like that especially a "custom" job like using a SSD lightbar from a subaru thats been somehow mounted. If someone else did it then you would not be sure unless it was inspected by yourself or a professional to verify the integrity of the mounting positions.

I will be looking into the rally bar when the weather warms up because the positioning is ideal and I found similar styled ones (also for subarus unfortunatly) from rallyInnovations and was going to experiment with sourcing random pieces of hardware to see if I could find a mounting setup where other parts especially the radiator and surrounding parts are not put in harms way if you bump something with the bar.

post #9 of 16 Old 11-10-2018, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

I totally agree, I'm glad I got the touring model I did, because like you said I can do everything that this one has for less than half the "add on" price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCoopers View Post
Thank you for taking screenshots since all traces of this seems to have been removed from the internet apparantly.

Wow that "package" description hurts to read.. you dodged a bullet not getting this by the way. I would not trust a dealership (or any really) that blantantly lies and tries to hype up literally cheap things that cost a few dollars.. not to mention misrepresenting packages and installed parts. You can literally buy a new base model cx-3 (which im pretty sure this is) and spend maybe a grand to get a full set of ko2s on stock 16, thule basket even though theres a ton of different other options at cheaper prices, and a can of plastidip to hit up the emblems. With an extra 5k You might as well upgrade to the GT version and get AWD included (this was not on base in 2016 not sure about now), LED headlights, and other perks.

Time for some annoyances:
-18" wheel lol if this was the case the wheel would not fit. I debated trying ko2's on the stock 18 and the sidewall it needs in general is just extremely incompatible with the space available.
-tire size is fake
-tire type is fake
-STI roof spoiler is a lie and does not exist lol what even
-SSD lightbar and thule roof basket are probably the only 2 things that are accurate not justified by "6500" value
-Black lettering lol this cost almost nothing...
-"We believe in aggressive pricing our inventory by performing daily market analysis" + also misleading customers into a 5k upcharge made appealing by saying its originally $6500.

Regarding the front bar, I am doubting the structural integrity of the bar itself depending who installed it. If this is a "new" car thats been rigged up by the dealer then its suspicious and sketchy and probably not warrantied because mazda will never cover anything aftermarket like that especially a "custom" job like using a SSD lightbar from a subaru thats been somehow mounted. If someone else did it then you would not be sure unless it was inspected by yourself or a professional to verify the integrity of the mounting positions.

I will be looking into the rally bar when the weather warms up because the positioning is ideal and I found similar styled ones (also for subarus unfortunatly) from rallyInnovations and was going to experiment with sourcing random pieces of hardware to see if I could find a mounting setup where other parts especially the radiator and surrounding parts are not put in harms way if you bump something with the bar.

Last edited by Blueprint2049; 11-10-2018 at 02:40 PM.
post #10 of 16 Old 11-10-2018, 02:50 PM

I wrote this before I noticed you edited the question in the previous post but am leaving it up as additional info*

Subaru Products

https://www.amazon.com/Subaru-Crosst...=ssd+rally+bar

They're different for each subaru with slight variations but after looking around amazon I noticed primarily 2 different mounting versions available (see attached pic) the left has a vertical bolt mount while the right has the horizontal bolt position. Subaru has closer internal components near the grille and open areas in the front bumper which allow the bar to bolt onto certain locations. On the cx-3 however its going to require additional hardware since there is no mounting spot available similar to the subaru . I highly doubt they modified the bar itself to fit the cx-3 and most likely bolted on some metal pieces to connect to the mounting points of the bar. This is the ideal scenario but its integrity will depend on what the bar is going to be used for (holding lights will probably work, hitting things with it will probably cause more damage than without). The worst scenario is they bolted onto the bumper which is gonna end up as a terrible idea soon lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11.png
Views:	46
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	21813  

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 11-10-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode