1Likes
  • 1 Post By kiwijohn1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-25-2018, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Front light bar mount hype

Another day, another few hours wasted looking at random parts online for ideas to use on the cx-3. Stumbled onto this which seemed to be based from australia.

https://www.ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?M...3&SEARCH2.y=11

Based on initial impressions it looks like they are building it specifically to conform to the cx-3 which leads me to believe it will come with mounting hardware (have not confirmed but emailed them regard this and will update later).

https://ecbbulletin.wordpress.com/20...al-protection/

Prices from this seem a little steep but as expected of "custom build" parts. Now comes the part where I ask if anyone (probably from Australia) has installed this? I will probably be a guinea pig on this next summer depending on how much of a kidney they want me to sell for international shipping. I think its safe to say the shorter bar in black would go better with the trim of the cx-3.

In other news, I find the generic license plate mounted "bar" for lights, which has been mentioned and installed quite a few times here by our members, to be atrocious(installed it and removed it since it seemed so cheap) so I was looking into other possibilities. Universal "nudge bars" are just the front piece and expect you to figure out mounting so heres to hoping these guys have custom mounting hardware included.

Another possibility I was looking at was a light bar mount which was off of a ford focus st. Granted rally innovations makes very custom parts for certain cars, but this one in question appears to be working off of the license plate mounts but I could be mistaken. If anything it is a much more appealing design compared to the generic ebay licence plate light bar mount.

https://www.rallyinnovations.com/col...-fo-p3l-ltp-11
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 2.43.03 PM.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	21777  

2016 CX-3 GT AWD - Crystal White Pearl Mica.
My wants-to-grow-up-to-be-a-rally-car car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-28-2018, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
That bullybar on a CX-3 reminds me of the old Roger Miller song, "You Can't Rollerskate In a Buffalo Herd" :-)

I've seen a Japanese site with a light bar attached to the tow hook mounts, but now it seems to have wandered off beyond my Google Translate capabilities. I'll post it if I run across it again.

In the meantime, the tow hook attachments are on eBay (courtesy of your friends in Shenzhen ;-) ... dispense with the license plate thingie and you could fabricate something elegant from there. It would certainly be a solid mount!

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.

Last edited by mainemanx; 10-28-2018 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Add a link, and clarity.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-01-2018, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Don't normally do this . .

Don't normally stick up for the Aussies - but that is an awesome bull bar - however my wife won't let me put one on her CX3! It is worth watching the Youtube video on that site. She watched with me - the whole video!

I recently put a nudge bar on my Narvara ute when I learn't it is THE MOUNTS that makes them air bag compatible - what that means in NZ and Oz is if your air bags go off (because you hit something) AND your bull bar / nudge bar is NOT "air bag compatible then the insurance company will tell you tough luck mate, you are not covered!. Now my nudge bar is steel but I wish it was alloy. But the price starts at $1000 here! Used to be a crowd in a city an hour from here who started building ali boats 50 years ago, who then branched out into bull bars (known as roo bars back then - Kangaroo's!) but they don't seem to be in business.

Yes, I know the international shipping may be expensive but if you watch the video they pack them in expanding foam! And it will still be cheaper than what your sellers in the US exploint out of us, if they will ship here at all!

Newsflash - have just found the boat builders turned bull bar builders - still in business - http://aliarc.co.nz/

Last edited by kiwijohn1; 11-01-2018 at 03:42 AM. Reason: URL wrong

post #4 of 4 Old 11-01-2018, 03:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just been looking round their site - thought this may interest you SlyCoopers . . .

The addition of a Sheet Metal company increased the scope of work the company could perform. In 1991 export opportunities were unveiled, and by 1994, Ali Arc was exporting to Canada, Papua New Guinea, Hong Kong, Fiji and the United Kingdom. In 1995 Ali Arc established a manufacturing facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. This operation directly services the Canadian and U.S. Markets.
SlyCoopers likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode