• 1 Post By tilroh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-06-2017, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Help with fog light bezel removal

Hey folks,

I've been wanting to either plasti dip or vinyl wrap the silver covers/bezels that surround the fog lights. While I'm in there, I'm toying with the idea of applying a vinyl film over the fog lights to protect them. Have any of you removed either this bezel or the fog lights themselves? I'm a little leary about just pulling tabs and plastic pieces if it isn't necessary. I don't have the cleanest record when it comes to successfully doing that!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyd71 View Post
Hey folks,

I've been wanting to either plasti dip or vinyl wrap the silver covers/bezels that surround the fog lights. While I'm in there, I'm toying with the idea of applying a vinyl film over the fog lights to protect them. Have any of you removed either this bezel or the fog lights themselves? I'm a little leary about just pulling tabs and plastic pieces if it isn't necessary. I don't have the cleanest record when it comes to successfully doing that!

Thanks!
I wouldn’t pull it without at least looking it from the back first. I had the front bumper off mine but didn’t really pay any attention to the foglight fixings but if you look at the foglight in the attached pdf, it looks like the foglight fixing might be stiffening the insert. Without foglight, the panel looks like it just pulls off. I think I would get it up in the air then take the lower front panel off to see inside. Then you can decide whether you can reach up of take the bumper off.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Front bumper parts and grille.pdf (171.5 KB, 261 views)
File Type: pdf bumper front.pdf (1.25 MB, 282 views)

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #3 of 7 Old 09-07-2017, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
I wouldn’t pull it without at least looking it from the back first. I had the front bumper off mine but didn’t really pay any attention to the foglight fixings but if you look at the foglight in the attached pdf, it looks like the foglight fixing might be stiffening the insert. Without foglight, the panel looks like it just pulls off. I think I would get it up in the air then take the lower front panel off to see inside. Then you can decide whether you can reach up of take the bumper off.
Just seeing the exploded diagram of the front bumper helps! Thanks! It at least gives me an idea of what to look for. The week after I bought the car, I crawled under there and was looking around. I was too afraid to poke and pry at things, since it was so new. 3,000 miles later, I'm ready. Thanks again!

post #4 of 7 Old 10-23-2018, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyd71 View Post
Just seeing the exploded diagram of the front bumper helps! Thanks! It at least gives me an idea of what to look for. The week after I bought the car, I crawled under there and was looking around. I was too afraid to poke and pry at things, since it was so new. 3,000 miles later, I'm ready. Thanks again!
Hi Joeyd71,
Didja ever get the bezels off? I want to add DLRs but can't find instructions on their removal.
I'd like to find the "FRONT FOG LIGHT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION" PDF.
Cheers, Mack
Batcave-19 likes this.

2016 Maxx Dk4 Pearl White AWD, Australia
post #5 of 7 Old 10-23-2018, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Youtube is your friend, Here is a quick video showing someone painting their bezel cover

2018 CX-3 GT in Crystal White Pearl Mica.
Mods
Lowered 2" on Corksport springs
Corksport axle back exhaust
LED rear reflectors
post #6 of 7 Old 10-23-2018, 08:19 PM

Thank you Mazdaman! I searched YouTube several times but didn't include "fog light".

Now to find DRLs. Many DRLs are advertised as having turn signals but the controller doesn't have enough wires or isn't pictured. I reckon the controller needs:

2 DRL duel conductor connection cables
2 for power (ACC)
1 for headlight sensor (to dim DRLs when headlights are turned on)
2 for right & left turn signal

making 7 wires.

Last edited by tilroh; 10-23-2018 at 10:00 PM. Reason: add info
post #7 of 7 Old 10-23-2018, 10:23 PM

It looks like it's a choice in between dimming and turn signals. Naturally I want both.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode