6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-04-2017, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Side Skirt Moulding Clips Part #s

Hey Guys,

Recently, I managed to snap a few clips and my entire side skirt moulding came off. Luckily I still have the side skirt in tact but I am trying to source the clips myself and hopefully clip it on myself; saving me a trip to the dealer who's asking $140 to just simply "look" at it...

I've attached a few photos of the clips. So far I think I've sourced the grey ones to be BP4L-51-SJ3 but would like to be 100% sure before ordering parts.

If anyone also has any guidance on a simple how to of snapping it back in place, it would be appreciated. It's a 2016 CX-3 touring.

Grey one
http://i65.tinypic.com/2888s5i.jpg

Green one
http://i65.tinypic.com/el90mp.jpg

Thank you guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-05-2017, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Wait a couple of hours, 'till Anchorman wakes up ... I'll bet he has a pdf.

P.S. How in the world did they become dislodged?

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #3 of 11 Old 02-05-2017, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Lovely, fingers crossed.

Let's just say I got greedy and a cinder block got in my way in the drive way (to my defense, there was snow covering it!)

Last edited by leginmat; 02-05-2017 at 01:55 AM.

post #4 of 11 Old 02-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Garage
Hmm, well you’ve done some detective work yourself but the green clip appears to be D10E-51-SJ3 as the attached photo would suggest. I think there are 2 versions of the grey one as the parts diagram shows a version with a screw but just in case, check yours are all the same.

When you build things like this up you have to think like a vehicle builder and they will always go for the quickest which is nearly always a sub assembly - in other words, don’t try and snap it back on but remove the clips from the body and snap them into the sill guard (as that sill cover is called) and then snap the whole thing back into the body.

You will need to pull some of the front wheel arch trim back but only pull it back as far as you need without straining it or it not being a nuisance.

I’ve included the pdfs I think you will need but if there are any more just let me know.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Side step sill guard.pdf (343.6 KB, 522 views)
File Type: pdf Side step sill guard install.pdf (252.0 KB, 504 views)
File Type: pdf Front wheel arch liner.pdf (391.0 KB, 438 views)

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

“.........and another thing"
post #5 of 11 Old 02-05-2017, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

You're an absolute hero mate. I really do appreciate the immensely helpful PDFs and part source!

Some more questions if you don't mind, you wouldn't happen to have the part # for the whole moulding for the passenger side (USA Right)? The OCD is kinda making me want a whole new clean piece now...

The other is that since I would have to remove the clips itself from the body, do you guys recommend a particular tool to not damage them? (I'm terrible with car parts...)

I'll give it a real study and let you know if I manage to break anything else... Thanks again guys!

Last edited by leginmat; 02-05-2017 at 03:10 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
You can get suitable “trim tools” from most spares shops. I found this set on Amazon US;

https://www.amazon.com/Tresalto-Auto...m+removal+tool

A tip though, those clips hate cold weather so try to warm them first which will ease getting them out.

I don’t think you said which side so the right side is

D10E-51-PL0C

....and the left is;

D10E-51-PS0C

There is no point me quoting the price on my list as it is GBP but I would expect them to be less than $100 which is quite refreshing - Mazda parts are often quite reasonable. Don’t forget to barter. You can usually get at least 10% if you dig in!
leginmat likes this.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. ©2018 anchorman

post #7 of 11 Old 02-15-2017, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anchorman View Post
You can get suitable “trim tools” from most spares shops. I found this set on Amazon US;

A tip though, those clips hate cold weather so try to warm them first which will ease getting them out.

D10E-51-PL0C

....and the left is;

D10E-51-PS0C

There is no point me quoting the price on my list as it is GBP but I would expect them to be less than $100 which is quite refreshing - Mazda parts are often quite reasonable. Don’t forget to barter. You can usually get at least 10% if you dig in!
Couldn't thank you enough again. I managed to source half the clips from eBay and some clips, albeit a little pricey, from the dealer. The moulding is back on and secured.

Thank you again so much mate!
anchorman likes this.

Last edited by leginmat; 02-15-2017 at 09:53 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-23-2017, 02:28 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

D10E-51-PL0C

....and the left is;

D10E-51-PS0C

-----------------
Anchorman
I'm in CA and need to buy the molding for n the left front tire. Our freeways SUCK and something hit me and ripped it right off. Thank you so much!
post #9 of 11 Old 06-23-2017, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndgurl311 View Post
-----------------
Anchorman
I'm in CA and need to buy the molding for n the left front tire. Our freeways SUCK and something hit me and ripped it right off. Thank you so much!
No worries. So you've got what you need in terms of into?

post #10 of 11 Old 10-24-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:

D10E-51-PL0C

....and the left is;

D10E-51-PS0C

What if I need th whole drivers side skirt? What pieces do I need? I have some of the clips still attached but the main plastic beam is missing. I?m not sure if the fairings forward and aft are still attached but assuming they too got pulled off where could I find a replacement?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode