• 4 Post By LnghrnCX3
  • 1 Post By LnghrnCX3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 10-08-2016, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Rimstripes

I added some color to the stock wheels to go along with the Soul Red calipers. If anyone is interested they are Rimstripes from Tapeworks and the color is Metallic Medium Red (005) which matches Mazda Soul Red almost perfectly. I bought the special tool to go along with it and using it literally takes less than a minute to apply a stripe to each rim (not including jacking up the car as you do each wheel). I also sprung for the extra-long stripes (for wheels up to 24") to make sure I had enough. I went with the narrowest stripe which is 1/8" which fits the outside edge perfectly. Let me know if you have any questions I haven't covered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rimstripes.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	12409  
anchorman, drs88, jetydosa and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-08-2016, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Im usually not a fan of these kind of modifications but this is subtle and you've tied it in nicely. Curious to know the longevity.

2016 CX3 GT w/ i-Activesense. Black on Parchment and lovin it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 10-08-2016, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9999 View Post
Im usually not a fan of these kind of modifications but this is subtle and you've tied it in nicely. Curious to know the longevity.
Thanks and I generally agree with you but the dark wheels along with all of the black trim seemed to need something. I wouldn't be a fan of a brighter red but as you said, this is more subtle along with the calipers. I'm curious about how long they will last too but the pack did include a couple of extra stripes for replacements.

post #4 of 9 Old 10-08-2016, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Hmmmm ... looks good to me ...and it might even cover up that little 1/2" long scrape I put on the right front rim ... less than 3 hours after signing the check

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-10-2016, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
I like it a lot.

What about the caliper paint? Did you have this custom mixed? Where did you get it? Most off-the-shelf kits I've found only have a bright red, yellow, orange, or black.

Edit: Nevermind on the caliper paint. Just saw your other thread.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue

Last edited by Vipre77; 10-10-2016 at 09:16 PM.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-12-2016, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Not bad...I like it.

Stock is boring
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-13-2016, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnghrnCX3 View Post
I added some color to the stock wheels to go along with the Soul Red calipers. If anyone is interested they are Rimstripes from Tapeworks and the color is Metallic Medium Red (005) which matches Mazda Soul Red almost perfectly. I bought the special tool to go along with it and using it literally takes less than a minute to apply a stripe to each rim (not including jacking up the car as you do each wheel). I also sprung for the extra-long stripes (for wheels up to 24") to make sure I had enough. I went with the narrowest stripe which is 1/8" which fits the outside edge perfectly. Let me know if you have any questions I haven't covered.
Thanks LnghrnCX3,

This is exactly what I am looking for. I found one seller on eBay: Wheel Bands Red in Black Pinstripe Rim Edge Trim for Mazda CX 3 Full Kit | eBay but his band seem a bit big (1/4") for my wheel (my wheel look exactly the same as yours - 18" alloy). I think I should go to Rimstripes like you.

Do you have a closer photo?? Thanks for your help
post #8 of 9 Old 10-14-2016, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xupcua View Post
Thanks LnghrnCX3,

This is exactly what I am looking for. I found one seller on eBay: Wheel Bands Red in Black Pinstripe Rim Edge Trim for Mazda CX 3 Full Kit | eBay but his band seem a bit big (1/4") for my wheel (my wheel look exactly the same as yours - 18" alloy). I think I should go to Rimstripes like you.

Do you have a closer photo?? Thanks for your help
I hope this helps. I really recommend buying the tool to put them on. It's $20 for a little piece of plastic but it allows you to line up the stripe and simply spin the wheel as you hold the tool in one place to attach the stripe. They also include 3 extra stripes for practice or as spares. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rimstripe.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	12489  
xupcua likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 10-14-2016, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnghrnCX3 View Post
I hope this helps. I really recommend buying the tool to put them on. It's $20 for a little piece of plastic but it allows you to line up the stripe and simply spin the wheel as you hold the tool in one place to attach the stripe. They also include 3 extra stripes for practice or as spares. Good luck.
Thanks so much, it's really help me a lot. I will order soon and post photo after completed mine. It might take long because I need to ship to US address then from this address ship to NZ

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode