Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Huge scratch on my car!

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  masterwares 
#1 ·
I'm so pissed, I just noticed this on my car this morning. Its a fairly large and deep scratch, I have no idea how it could've happened.

Has anyone used the touch up paint pen? Maybe I should just go to Mazda and see what they can do. Damn it.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
From the looks of the scratch, looks thin enough where using the Mazda touch up paint should cover it pretty well. This is also assuming it isn't deep where u can get your nail caught on it pretty good. If you do use the pen I recommend after letting the paint cure to buff it with the lightest possible polish just to help blend it in then wax it afterwards.

#4 ·
my condolences greaseman.

Get the touch-up pen and paint over it (at least for now). I've used mine on a little stone chip and it's not bad, up close it's noticeable but at least your sheet metal isnt exposed to the elements.

Also for these "spot" applications, I like to take my girl-friends nail gloss and run a thin layer over it with a fine art brush. It blends well with the car's natural clear coat and provides an extra layer of protection.

^^^ good short-term fix until it bugs the sh*t out of you and you'll get it repainted during spring / summer

#6 ·
Sickening. It looks like something has dropped down it - maybe in your garage?

I wouldn't try anything other than polishing and see if that works. You will be surprised what will come out. After that, get in touch with Chips Away or another scratch repair service and get it done professionally.

#9 ·
Don't want to point fingers, but were you parked on a street where garbage was being collected? They toss things around sometimes and are not particularly careful when they do. It looks as if something metallic was scraped against it (no, I did not say it was keyed, but...)

#10 ·
No I generally don't park on streets and my parking spot at home is far away from where they collect trash. It could be from a grocery store parking lot, maybe some idiot scraped a shopping cart. It could also be from my neighbor shoveling snow around her car parked next to my car. These are the two most plausible scenarios I think.

#12 ·
That is usually what I do, however you never know when some punk or jerk will see your shiny new car by its lonesome, and then park his 1992 Civic about an inch away from yours to get under your skin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.