15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 11-21-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Consumers Report on Mazda CX3

2016 Mazda CX-3 | Reviews and Ratings from Consumer Reports

If you have a membership in Consumers Reports, go to the above link. If you don't have a membership, you will have to wait until CU publishes their review.

In summary, they gave the car a rating of 63 (not so great). It was downrated because of the cramped interior and the convoluted display panel. But otherwise they were very upbeat about how pleasant it was to drive. Many things are yet to be determined such as reliability, owner satisfaction, safety rating among others but I would imagine that a preliminary report will be forthcoming in the next issue.

Last edited by Geezer; 11-21-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 11-21-2015, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Thanks I've got a subscription and just checked it out. In all bluntness, I can't argue _any_ of their points. Truly fun ride with some ill-considered designs and user-interface flaws.

This review is a to-do list for Hiroshima HQ to use in designing the 2018 or 2019 CX-3 (I assume the 2017's design is locked by now.).

One minor nit pick: They did underprice the AWD GT (USA) w/ i-Activsense package by a few thousand dollars for some odd reason.

2016 CX-3 Grand Touring AWD i-Activsense
post #3 of 27 Old 11-23-2015, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've been waiting weeks for the full review, and I'm pretty let-down by the rating (especially because the CX-3 keeps coming out on top of other multi-CUV reviews).

I do agree with a lot of the points, especially about the cramped interior and the visibility, but the infotainment system doesn't take more than a few days to figure out if you take a minute to just sit down and play around with it.

One thing my girlfriend and I noticed about the review was them highlighting road noise. We did a 1000km road trip over a few days as soon as we go the car, and remarked on how quiet it was on the drive, especially on the highway. Not sure where the noisiness they experienced was coming from.

The more I have the CX-3 (it'll be two full weeks tomorrow), the more I wonder what an HR-V would've been like, especially since it scored just a tick higher than the CX-3 on Consumer Reports' scale (and I trust CR more than anything else out there).

post #4 of 27 Old 11-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
I'm already 2 months into my CX3 so beyond the point of no return. CR's option is pointless to me
post #5 of 27 Old 11-23-2015, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I think a big part of the lower score vs HR-V is due to the fact that NHTSA has yet to perform crash tests on the CX-3.
post #6 of 27 Old 11-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I don't really care about Consumer Reports especially with a vehicle like this.

I want you guys to search all the reviews on You Tube and how the CX stacks up against its competitors. The CX3 is at the top of the list the majority of the time and its ALWAYS the same comments about how the HRV and others - they have slightly better cargo and rear seat room. I personally believe that Mazda knows they have the CX5 for that purpose but realized that there's a crowd out there who doesn't need a lot of cargo space and would rather trade that in for everything else that the CX3 has to offer.

* Good Looks - Almost every single review out there puts the CX at the top
* Handling - same as above
* Interior/craftsmanship - same as above
* Fun to drive - same as above
* Fuel Economy - same as above
* Safety - same as above
* Tech = same as above

If someone needs more cargo room and more headroom in the back seat and that's their priority, then head over to the competition.

This car fits my wife PERFECTLY. We had a Nissan Murano for 12 years and it served its purpose when we needed more space. Both my boys are grown up and have their own cars. If I need to lug around a couple of 6 footers, then I have my 2014 VW Passat which is plenty comfortable.

I will tell you that the more we/I drive this car, the more I like it. It just snowed over the weekend and the wife and I had a blast scooting around the city.

2016 Mazda CX-3 Ceramic Silver GT AWD.

Videos of a little snow and ice. More to come as the winter progresses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY7nsNAYAYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx08iglgmCY
post #7 of 27 Old 11-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Well put, ohgeez. Tired of hearing about the lack of space behind the front seats. Its like complaining that you can't put a family of 5 in a Miata. If you need more space then buy a bigger vehicle and don't force your space needs on the rest of us.
post #8 of 27 Old 11-25-2015, 04:38 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Can someone copy and paste the review here? Thank you kindly!
post #9 of 27 Old 11-25-2015, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Yes we have had our cx3 gt 2 months my wife loves it I'll think maybe 3 times we had 4 people in car,with no problems, yes my kids have own cars too,including a 2016 ,Mazda 6....awesome car...
post #10 of 27 Old 11-25-2015, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgeez View Post
I don't really care about Consumer Reports especially with a vehicle like this.

I want you guys to search all the reviews on You Tube and how the CX stacks up against its competitors. The CX3 is at the top of the list the majority of the time and its ALWAYS the same comments about how the HRV and others - they have slightly better cargo and rear seat room. I personally believe that Mazda knows they have the CX5 for that purpose but realized that there's a crowd out there who doesn't need a lot of cargo space and would rather trade that in for everything else that the CX3 has to offer.

* Good Looks - Almost every single review out there puts the CX at the top
* Handling - same as above
* Interior/craftsmanship - same as above
* Fun to drive - same as above
* Fuel Economy - same as above
* Safety - same as above
* Tech = same as above

If someone needs more cargo room and more headroom in the back seat and that's their priority, then head over to the competition.

This car fits my wife PERFECTLY. We had a Nissan Murano for 12 years and it served its purpose when we needed more space. Both my boys are grown up and have their own cars. If I need to lug around a couple of 6 footers, then I have my 2014 VW Passat which is plenty comfortable.

I will tell you that the more we/I drive this car, the more I like it. It just snowed over the weekend and the wife and I had a blast scooting around the city.
Well said and just to add the marketing on CX3 is not catering for people that want to haul back seat passengers and large cargo all the time so it is silly people mark the car down on those issues. If you want back seat and cargo space Mazda has the CX5 for that.

I agree the car grows on you the more you drive it and yes if you are not familiar with how the tech works in the car it will take additional time to learn MZD connect features and additional systems the CX3 has. For me the tech in the CX3 represents the future which isn't well replicated in other cars just yet but is coming.
ohgeez likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode