TFL Gives its First Impressions on the Mazda CX-3 - Mazda CX3 Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-27-2015, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
TFL Gives its First Impressions on the Mazda CX-3

TFL has published its first impressions on the Mazda CX-3. It's a bit mixed, but they still say that the CX-3 is a fun car to drive. Here are some quotes that get to the heart of what TFL thinks of the CX-3.

Quote:
The CX-3 offers up a 2.0L SkyActiv 4-cylinder engine, good for 146 horsepower and 146 lb-ft of torque. Yes, those are small numbers, but Mazda has always been more than a spec sheet.
Quote:
On the road the low horses are noticeable, but itís still a ton of fun to throw into the corners. The rear suspension now features a torsion bar, which seems a little old school, but the ride is compliant enough for folks that just want to toddle around.
Check out the whole first impression review through the link below.

The 2016 Mazda CX-3: The Darling of the Crossover Segment [First Impression] | TFLCar.com: Automotive News, Views and Reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-10-2015, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Thought I would add in this more detailed review that TFL did on the Mazda CX-3.

Quote:
The Mazda CX-3 may not be the roomiest of mini-utes, but this subcompact crossover has a solid place at the front of the class based on the strength of its looks, dynamics, interior polish and technology.
2016 Mazda CX-3 First Drive Review [video] | TFLCar.com: Automotive News, Views and Reviews
post #3 of 6 Old 08-13-2015, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
And just to finish off the TFL CX3 review series, here is the full test drive. It's a written review and the most thorough of all their work yet.

Quote:
Bottom line, the Mazda CX-3 is poised to compete favorably with the other new kids on the block: the Jeep Renegade, Fiat 500X and Honda HR-V. The CX-3 is without question a most desirable CUV with all the right things going for it – good looks, satisfactory performance, comfort, versatility, affordability and economical operation. Perhaps best of all, the CX-3 is a Mazda through and through, with lots of “Zoom, Zoom” DNA.
Mazda CX-3

post #4 of 6 Old 08-13-2015, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I don't think much will come out of comparing it with the Jeep Renegade as it can go off road whereas the CX-3 does not have have the same ground clearance.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-14-2015, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebabs View Post
I don't think much will come out of comparing it with the Jeep Renegade as it can go off road whereas the CX-3 does not have have the same ground clearance.
That's just what I was thinking, both serve different needs when you look at what both brands specialize in, but if you just want a CUV with minimal needs than either one will be fine and any others in the segment
post #6 of 6 Old 08-14-2015, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
CX-3 is a sub-compact vehicle. That tends to be forgotten by reviewers who then freak out about the size. Initially I did as well. Yes, I hope they stretch it out just a little bit in future iterations because I'd like a smidgen more cargo and back-seat space, but not at CX-5 size. It's not a family vehicle and should not be thought of or promoted as such. It's for singles and childless couples/empty nesters who need a sporty, utility hatchback for city and suburbs with occasional forays into the woods for extended weekends. Comparisons to the HR-V are perhaps in error.

Say Amen, OKHick.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode