1Likes
  • 1 Post By davzway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-29-2018, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Consumer Reports

Just read that they no longer recommend the CX-3 due to decreased reliability. That is all that is mentioned. No further detail as to what components breakdown would lead to this downgrade.

Anyone read, hear, or know anything more to this news?

I get that many do not like Consumer Reports, nor put any credibility into their auto recommendations. Again, I get it. However, the source is mostly from the owners themselves, who reports these types of experiences (good and bad) thru the annual auto surveys sent to subscribers. I myself gave the CX-3 the highest ratings, but honestly, I have nothing to complain about. My little bugger has been flawless (though I have but 16k miles so far).

I'll keep digging to uncover what owners are complaining about.

BTW, the CX-9 is now recommended.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

2019 CX-5 Signature Sonic Silver

2017 CX-3 Titanium Mica on Black GT AWD w/i-Activsense (Retired)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-30-2018, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Consumer Reports

I read somewhere (yesterday) that the problems CR noted with the CX3 mainly had to do with the air conditioning. (There have been many reports of problems with the air conditioning here on this forum.) Despite the (relatively) low rating for the CX3, Mazda is now rated by CR as the #3 most reliable brand.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-30-2018, 06:19 PM

I found the exact comment from CR:
"Mazda CX-3: This SUV is rated below average because of climate system problems, which included the condenser and refrigerant leaks. A Mazda spokesman said the automaker is aware of consumer complaints on some 2016 and 2017 CX-3 vehicles that may exhibit symptoms of diminished cooling systems. Mazda issued a service bulletin in November 2016 so that dealers can correctly identify and replace components."

post #4 of 7 Old 10-31-2018, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al M View Post
I found the exact comment from CR:
"Mazda CX-3: This SUV is rated below average because of climate system problems, which included the condenser and refrigerant leaks. A Mazda spokesman said the automaker is aware of consumer complaints on some 2016 and 2017 CX-3 vehicles that may exhibit symptoms of diminished cooling systems. Mazda issued a service bulletin in November 2016 so that dealers can correctly identify and replace components."
Where did you find this quote?

There have been well-documented issues with the A/C and climate temperature for some time.

'Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

post #5 of 7 Old 10-31-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Where did you find this quote?

There have been well-documented issues with the A/C and climate temperature for some time.
I found it on the Consumer Reports site at address:
https://www.consumerreports.org/car-...bility-survey/
post #6 of 7 Old 11-01-2018, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. Fortunately the A/C in my '17 works great (and I hope I didn't just jinx it!) [knocks on wood].

I see the CX-9 is now recommended. Interesting since I just testdrove an '18 GT a couple of weeks back. Probably not going to buy one, but may wait for the turbo CX-5 to appear in the next few months.

post #7 of 7 Old 11-11-2018, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Purchased a 2017 in January of this year (18) and in Florida for past ten months there have been no problems with A/C; and for that matter, NONE with the car, noting mileage is low at 4k.

Still having owner three Miata, 92, 96, and best of them, a 2011 PRHT Touring which corrected any and all 'issues' for handling and ride comfort. Special Note: having owned MANY Ragtops since the 1960's, including two Miata (have hardtop for 92 which will fit all years until 15) ONCE you own the Power Retractable Hardtop like one on Miata's 2011 Touring, you will NEVER want to own another ragtop.)... personal opinion plus getting old may also factor in.. davzway
mainemanx likes this.

Currently driving 2017 CX-3 Touring w/Preferred Package and color= Titanium Flash Mica

Firmly believe it's better NOT knowing how much Mazda charged for this 'BOSE' ?Premium? sound vs the Sunroof part of Preferred Pkg; and trying to convince SELF that driving the CX-3 is more practical than previous Mazda CX-5 Miata's ('96, 92 customized for racing, and 2011 PRHT Touring- best of the Miata cars)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode