User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-03-2017, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
adjustable supension

Really like my cx3 sport. wish they would offer an adjustable suspension by the time I trade this one in.
Slightly lower for highway driving and higher for snow/dirt roads. My oil filter access panel is all cracked and needs replacing; mazda parts claims they will not have any available until 2nd qtr 2017.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-04-2017, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
At the 2016 Tokyo Auto Show, Mazda displayed a Custom CX-5 with adjustable suspension ... maybe someday for the CX-3.

How did your oil filter acces panel get cracked? If Mazda, then they should replace it. If you, then LKQ should have one immediately, and for a good price.

2017 CX-3 GT, AWD, i-ActiveSense, Ceramic Metallic, Black ... His: Zoom, Zoom!
2016 HR-V EX-L, AWD, Milano Red, Black ... Hers: Putt, Putt.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-04-2017, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
oil access panel

Oil access panel - Lots of road killed porcupine around, I think I have ran over several dead-ones. Since the clearance is low and some of the porcupines can be good sized , I think that is how the damage to the panel occurred.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-13-2017, 12:51 PM

adjustable suspension would be awesome on CX-3

Valencia, Spain, is an incredible city with an eclectic mix of old and new.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-14-2017, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I don't disagree it would be a useful feature, but I can't imagine it ever happening on the CX-3. Mazda is very clear that the CX-3 is not intended for off-road use, so providing an option to raise ground clearance is completely contrary to the "urban-ute" idea.

Besides, it ain't going to be cheap. If they were to develop such a system, I would think it less likely to end up on the "entry level" CX-3. More likely on the CX-9 and maybe the CX-5... provided Mazda considers them "off-road" vehicles of course. Not sure about that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CURRENT MAZDAS2016 CX-3 GT - Soul Red / Pure White - 6 speed automatic • 1990 Miata - Mariner Blue - 5 speed manual - collector plates • 2003 B-4000 - 5 speed manual
PREVIOUS MAZDAS2003 Protegé5 Special Edition - 5 speed manual • 1991 Miata - Classic Red - 5 speed manual • 1986 B-2000 - 5 speed manual • 1985 626 - 5 speed manual • 1970 1000 - 2 speed automatic - my 1st car!
post #6 of 7 Old 03-15-2017, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
All good points and thanks. My initial reason for purchasing this vehicle was the lower price, AWD, and good fuel economy. From there; ones mind starts to thinking of making it even better to suit my needs, certainly all at an added cost.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-16-2017, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Garage
2018 model is supposedly getting a refined suspension setup to help improve handling. Not sure what that means exactly, but I'm guessing stiffer springs and/or beefed up sway bars to control body roll better. The article I read also said Mazda's torque-vectoring tech will be added to further enhance handling. I wouldn't expect any significant changes in ride height though.

His: 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey Metallic
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport, FWD, Reflex Blue

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode