Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Grand Touring lower silver door trim removal?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mazdaman 
#1 ·
Hey Folks,

Ever since I've gotten the car, I've been trying to think of ways to improve appearance. One thing I've been toying with, is color matching the lower silver door trim. I found the vinyl that matches and I've tried wrapping those pieces while they are still on the car. I wanted to see if any of you have successfully removed those trim pieces. I've done a little research, and some people say it is double-sided tape, others say it's all once piece.

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
According to these guys it's an insert :)

P.S. I've found this to be a good online reference.

EDIT: Not an applique, an "insert". Cataract surgery and iStent's in both eyes in the last two weeks doesn't help ... hence all the posts ... hesitant to drive ... don't want to modify my CX-3 as some have recently had done for them :-(

Reactions: TiGrayMSM
#3 ·
I would think its double sided tape, heat with a blow dryer and start the peel off. should come off pretty easy. I did my rear badges and they were double sided taped except for the Mazda emblem. That's held on by 2 holes in the body.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.