Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Redbeast

6K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Redbeast 
#1 ·
Hey !

I'm a new owner of a CX-3 and really enjoy the drive. However, I needed to get rid of my stage2 Mazdaspeed3, but since it was a 3 seasons car and the beater wasn't reliable enough to carry a child in winter, I think it was the more suitable decision I could make.

Here is a small list of the cars I owned in the pass years and now:
- 1987 Mazda 323 LX - died
- 1991 Honda Civic CX - sold
- 2006 Mazda 3 GT-GFX - traded for Mazdaspeed 3
- 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 (stage 2 // three seasons car) - traded for CX-3
- 2004 Mazda 3 (winter beater) - traded for CX-3
- 2014 Mazda CX-5 GS (actual wife car)
- 2016 Mazda CX-3 GT (my actual car)

I come from a medium size city south of Montreal and my primary language is French so don't be rude at my spelling, I'm doing my best even if sometime I can get it wrong. :D

Anyway, got the red CX-3 with white leather seat and it looks awesome. I'm not looking put aftermarket stuff in a close future, but I would like to later on.

See less See more
#5 ·
Red you did awesome, I don't think there are any spelling police here :)
I bet you are looking forward to driving it in the winter as I am here in Edmonton. I bought the GS with the AWD. Did you get the Mazda Mobile Starter?

#6 ·
I took the white trim. I know it can easily get dirty but the look is unsually and gives a touch of luxury.

There is no armrest. It could be annoying for people who are leaning over it, so I ordered the accessory that goes over the cup holder ($350 CAD). I still don't have it yet, I'll keep you in touch about it because I'm also concerned about the cup holders.

Don't have the mobile starter. May be that's something I will consider later, could be quite useful when it's -30 Celsius outside.

=============================

I have the car for only two weeks, so I'm still on the excitement of a new car, my opinion would not be very objective.
Maybe after a couple of week I would be in a better seat to gives a more rational opinion.

With my wife's car...

#8 · (Edited)
I took the white trim. I know it can easily get dirty but the look is unsually and gives a touch of luxury.

There is no armrest. It could be annoying for people who are leaning over it, so I ordered the accessory that goes over the cup holder ($350 CAD). I still don't have it yet, I'll keep you in touch about it because I'm also concerned about the cup holders.

Don't have the mobile starter. May be that's something I will consider later, could be quite useful when it's -30 Celsius outside.

I have the car for only two weeks, so I'm still on the excitement of a new car, my opinion would not be very objective.
Maybe after a couple of week I would be in a better seat to gives a more rational opinion.

With my wife's car...
[/QUOTE

Great looking pair. Hope to make a similar pose with our blue CX-5 and a new Soul red CX-3 in the not too distant future.

#9 ·
Looks Awesome Redbeast! The white is such a cool interior, if I could have gotten it in my GS I would have been all over it. I think I would be a-ok with the cleaning aspect of it.

I negotiated the mobile start into the deal, The only thing I am trying to figure out is why it stops as soon as I open the door. I agree with you, that it will be perfect for the really cold winters that you and I both will have this year.

#11 ·
The 626 was a but too expensive at this time of my life. When I had the 323 and civic, I was still at school and wasn't able to affort the price of a 626 or a millenia.
When I did complete, I bought a brand new car, and the 626 was discontinued at this point (Mazda6 could have been though but was more attracted by the Mazda3).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.