Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

If I paint or powdercoat the calipers..............

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Cman 
#1 ·
need some ideas what's a good tasteful colour to do them in that works with the Ceramic Metallic of the car while standing out?

The only colour out of the question is red (too overdone and no disrespect to those that have done them that colour it's your car do what you like).

I'm thinking the same colour as what I did the Shelby calipers in couple years ago. They were powdercoated a colour called "illusion copper", Looks like this:

The only drawback to this colour is if the Mazda gets the Bronze Motegi's that are waiting to be installed this spring the copper and bronze don't work together too well I think.

Winter is here................not much happening so let the silly season continue!!!! ;) :D

Tony

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Red, Red, Red!

Not much happening? Wife in Japan for New Year's ... unheated garage => kitchen temporarily converted to a nice, warm workshop.

Unfortunately she returns this evening ... ergo, I'm currently scrambling to re-convert the kitchen!

#5 ·
Don't you mean "unheated garage !=< kitchen converted to a nice, warm workshop???? LOL!!!!

So I take it there's been a lot of eating out/pizza deliveries while the wife is away???? The way to live in the man cave. HAHAHA!!! Good luck hiding the pretend workshop I mean kitchen from her when she returns what she doesn't know won't hurt her. >:)

Back to topic..................looks like I'm gonna do this with the calipers. Found an ad on Kijiji locally where a shop will clean and paint the calipers on your car for like $80 and take about 2 hours to do. For that price I'd rather just let them do it instead of me buying the stuff needed and slaving away in the hot sun later in the year doing this.

I'm gonna talk to them first and most likely get the Suzuki calipers done first as a test to their work before I let them do the ones on the Mazda.

#3 ·
Being an old fuddy duddy, I wouldn’t go red either. I think silver or gold.

Those Brembo callipers in the photo look superb in that application and that body colour.

#6 ·
I don't have the upgraded leatherette interior in the GS with those red areas on the door panels and center console, the only red in there is around the 2 vents (driver and passenger side).

#7 · (Edited)
I think a bright blue would also lend a nice accent ...

P.S. I'm 90% finished with the mitered frame around the upstairs bathroom mirror ... that s/help a little. Also, only one pizza ... mostly Whole Foods curry √

#9 ·
Yeah! I really love that coppery/orange/bronze colour. I'd love to see the entire car done in that shade. But I think there is nothing quite like the Soul Red for standing apart compared to other cars especially when the car is polished and the sun is shining on it.

Reactions: anchorman
#11 ·
I talked to that place that can paint the calipers for me and I am going to give them a shot in the spring. Already made the appointment but they will do the calipers on the SX4 first. I told them if the job is done decent then I'll bring the CX-3 for them to do also so I'm trying them out to see how they handle doing my car.

The funny thing is since the SX4 is black I might do the calipers in red, if I don't they have a colour called burnt orange that looks very similar to the caliper colour I did on the Shelby. Again just not sure if the orange colour will work well with the bronze motegi wheels so before the appointment date I'm gonna take a motegi wheel into the garage and put it against the Shelby brakes and take a look (it won't fit on of course (even with the same bolt pattern)) but it'll give me an idea.

As for the CX-3 it'll most likely be the burnt orange colour (if I don't do that colour on the SX4) otherwise I'll just do the alum. finish and it will look like factory but protected with paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.