Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Rear Hatch Spoiler Loose

14K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Takzin 
#1 ·
I noticed that my Rear Hatch Spoiler is loose, has anyone noticed this on their CX-3 ? I took it back to the dealer and they say it's that way and the Mechanic tighten the bolts as hard as he can and it still loose. The Mechanic said that there are 3 bolts that secure it to the back when me and the service rep look to see where it it is bolted on I noticed that one bolt is missing. It looks like its bolted on by 4 bolts not 3 what the mechanic says. I'm taken it back to the dealer on Tuesday to have it look at this because I'm still under warranty. But I feel it should not be loose like that. So I'm curious if anyone else's C-X3 has that problem ........

#2 · (Edited)
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just pay Mazda a flat fee and get the Workshop/Service Manual in a single download ... instead of having to buy timed access and downloading it piecemeal ...
See, there it is: "Remove And Replace Rear Spoiler," Torque bolt #4 to 14 nano tonnes ;)

P.S. Make sure you don't push/pull on the spoiler to close the hatch.

#3 ·
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just pay Mazda a flat fee and get the Workshop/Service Manual in a single download ... instead of having to buy timed access and downloading it piecemeal ...
See, there it is: "Remove And Replace Rear Spoiler," Torque bolt #4 to 14 nano tonnes ;)

P.S. Don't push/pull on the spoiler to close the hatch.

So is it suppose to be that way ? Loose ?
" See, there it is: "Remove And Replace Rear Spoiler," Torque bolt #4 to 14 nano tonnes ;) " I have no idea what you meant by that.....

#5 ·
Yeah, I noticed this right off. It is a pretty flimsy piece of plastic to begin with and as far as I can see it serves no function at all. Any strong airflow force on the thing would probably serve to rip it right off, so it is obviously only for show. On the plus side, it does look nice and it does not rattle (at least mine doesn't).

#9 ·
I always think a very calm approach holds much more credence than a rant. You command a superior position over your opponent.

#10 ·
I wouldn't "raise hell" ... rather a calm, respectful, but firm complaint and request for better communication with their dealers.

#11 ·
I have a similar issue and the dealer said it's normal and mine rattles less than the CX-3s in the showroom...

Of course, they also replaced my license plate frame with their own dealer advertising fecal matter and install new dashboard scratches around the screen, so this probably shouldn't be surprising.

Reactions: mainemanx
#13 · (Edited)
I agree I won't go ballistic on them but it makes me mad at the dealer ship where I took my car in to last Saturday and did absolutely nothing except tighten the 3 bolts which should be 4 bolts not 3 that holds the Spoiler to the Liftgate and tells me that's the way it is nothing they could do about it. I would like to talk to someone at Their Headquarters in Irvine Ca. about this still. Thanks for all your help....

#15 · (Edited)
Update : I took my CX3 into the Dealer for this issue yesterday (Tuesday) and to find out about that missing stud that holds the Spoiler to the Liftgate and to show them the notification RO64/16 about this issue with the Spoiler . I also found out from their Parts Department that they do have the parts to correct this issue. After 2 hours they told me that it was missing a stud and that there is suppose to be 4 studs that holds the Spoiler and I was told that the Mechanic broke it on Saturday when he tighten the nut on it and yet he never told me nor did the Service Adviser tell me that he broke it but instead told me there were only 3 studs that holds the spoiler and that's the way it is with the looseness that I am experiencing another words they lied to me .I did tell that Service Adviser that they do have the parts at their Warehouse to fix this problem and I also showed them the Bulletin that Anchorman posted on this thread dated back to July of 2016. They have to order the broken stud but the other parts The improve cushions and clips they don't know even though I told them that your Parts Department said you do have them at your Warehouse. I did tell the Service Advisor that I was upset and angry that you lied to me on Saturday about this missing stud and how you covered up the truth about the Mechanic breaking it and then telling me that there's only 3 studs that holds the Spoiler and how you are just giving me the runaround. I did speak to a Customer Service Rep at the Mazda Headquarters in Irvine CA again that day and told them what went on and how upset I was on how I was treated by this dealer's service department and filed a complaint with them about it. They said they at the Headquarters will get back to me in a day or 2 and hopefully straighten this out. I'm curious are all Mazda Service Depts. is bad as the one I go to ?

#16 · (Edited)
I'm curious are all Mazda Service Depts. is bad as the one I go to ?
Because I have not been to every service department in the US, I can not say every single one is bad. But generally speaking, yes ;) .

Edit:
To give you an example. In my speed6, the turbo went full smoke screen relatively early on (car had around 8000 miles). This was a very common problem with the MS6 and MS3. The dealership I took it to took two weeks to replace my turbo. After getting the car back, I noticed a massive gouge in the front fender. I show this to the service department. The tech comes and takes a look, and claims the gouge was there. Luckily, due to previous horrible experiences at Mazda, I had taken pictures of my car the day I dropped it off. There was no gouge on the fender. After seeing this, they begrudgingly paid to have it repainted. After picking my car up after nearly three weeks of down time, I notice on my drive back that the motor/trans is very clunky. I lifted up the car and noticed they forgot to tighten down the rear motor mount AND a stud and nut had already worked itself loose off the turbo. Thinking I am going to save myself and the dealership time, I call them and ask them for torque specs for both of these items. As I am waiting for a response on the phone, I hear the Mazda techs talking **** about me and how I am probably modifying my car and trying to blame them. After hearing this, I immediately ask for their manager. I explain the situation to him, and he was very apologetic. But at this point I have had it with their service department and no amount of free oil changes is going to let them off the hook. I called Mazda roadside assistance and had them tow my car to another dealership. I also filed a complaint with MNAO, and they were most apologetic (I think they paid one month car payment, free service, and some accessory goodies for my troubles). MNAO is pretty solid, but their service departments from my experience are beyond awful. Absolute incompetence and lack of respect for customers.

#17 ·
Sorry to hear about your experience with the Service Dept TiGrayMSM. I am waiting today from The MNAO Customer Service Rep who I spoke to on Tuesday and hopefully get this resolved and fixed. But I definitely be looking to go to another Mazda Service Dept for my CX3's maintenance....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.