Mazda CX-3 Forum banner

Infotainment Update/Firmware

17K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  kingarthas 
#1 ·
Hello guys:

Just like to ask you if anybody knows about a new firmware/update for the infotainment version, currently I got Version #55 .00.753 NA N but checking a different Mazda forum I found that some other members just updated to the latest Version #59 .00.441...if this is true could you please confirm??

Thanks a lot.

frgg :)

#2 ·
I just had my command module replaced under warranty and they installed 55.00.760A and said it was the latest.

#8 ·
So, does anyone know what changes and/or additions the version 59 has over 55? Have they included the possibility of adding Carplay or Android yet?

#10 ·
#9 ·
So you go to the dealer and say you want a update on your infotainment system to 59 the dealer will look at you like you have three heads and say it doesn't apply to you.
I'm not saying that will happen to everyone but there is a good chance it will happen to some..

#11 ·
59 is only a system update that fixes mostly bug issues such as nav acting funny (freezing/blackout/thinks you are in a a different country), optimizing the infotainment (speed) and minor stuff like that. As of right now there is no news from Mazda that apple carplay or android auto will be added anytime soon, wish they would add it already so I dont have to mess with syncing my phone after every update.

Also its routine to have dealers update your software. Just mention it and they can update your system to latest specs. I do it all the time at the dealer I work with with no issue as its all warranty paid anyways. It usually takes 20-30 mins to do and easier if you have a dealer do it since they can use a power supply to keep the car on w/o interference. I myself has all versions since 33 for vehicles that have never been updated for some time.

#12 ·
Honestly after installing the unofficial Android Auto mod and playing around with it, it is just "meh" and I'm kinda over it. The only think I care about is the live traffic of Google Maps. I don't like the Google Maps interface on it's own, the car's navigation software has a much better interface. I would really like Mazda to bring the connected services back, and somehow incorporate Google's live traffic service into their navigation. That would be ideal.

#15 ·
As the man says, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" Mine doesn't seem to be broken, but if it works even slightly better with the updated system, it would be worth a try. My complaint is that it takes too long to boot the system from a cold start. I'm already heading down the road by the time it starts to function (the warning screen fades, the GPS map appears and the music starts to play.) In my previous car (a Forester) everything would start right up as soon as I turn the key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.