3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 05-08-2016, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A/C Not Working. Strange Sound

Hi All,

My CX3 has 4 months old, when I turn on AC Im hearing a strange noise and im not getting cold air. Does anyone have experienced this same thing?

Thanks for your help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 05-09-2016, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I hope hope you don't have the problem that poster Eric sample has.He had a bad evaporater and has to wait weeks for the part.
post #3 of 25 Old 05-09-2016, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Not much to help but here is a link to Erics problem with the AC. No AC
Hopefully you dont have the same problem.

CX-3 Optimum (fully equipped) 150hp 2.0 petrol, automatic and AWD.
Meteor Grey.

post #4 of 25 Old 05-09-2016, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks Guys, Im going to the dealership on Wednesday. I will let you know how things go.
post #5 of 25 Old 05-12-2016, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Alas, I wish my first post here were not on this subject, but I've had this same problem since I bought my CX-3 AWD GT in November. This Friday will be the third time I take it to the dealer to have the A/C repaired. I love the car, but Mazda's inability to fix this means I will seek to have it bought back if the issue is not permanently fixed this time. With the past two repair attempts, the A/C would work for a day afterward then nothing but heaving sounds as though a condenser was trying to do . . . something. My local dealer hems & haws about, "Oh, well the coolant leaked out because of a bad seal" [first repair attempt] and then, "Oh, well, a tube wasn't properly connected; it should work fine from now on" [second repair attempt]. The A/C stopped working a day later, and I've had to wait 2 weeks just to get another appointment. Even the worst cars I ever had had working A/C.
post #6 of 25 Old 05-12-2016, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Wahl View Post
Alas, I wish my first post here were not on this subject, but I've had this same problem since I bought my CX-3 AWD GT in November. This Friday will be the third time I take it to the dealer to have the A/C repaired. I love the car, but Mazda's inability to fix this means I will seek to have it bought back if the issue is not permanently fixed this time. With the past two repair attempts, the A/C would work for a day afterward then nothing but heaving sounds as though a condenser was trying to do . . . something. My local dealer hems & haws about, "Oh, well the coolant leaked out because of a bad seal" [first repair attempt] and then, "Oh, well, a tube wasn't properly connected; it should work fine from now on" [second repair attempt]. The A/C stopped working a day later, and I've had to wait 2 weeks just to get another appointment. Even the worst cars I ever had had working A/C.
I would say it is the inability of that certain dealer, not Mazda as a whole. Have you tried taking it to another Mazda dealer in your area or is this the only one?

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #7 of 25 Old 05-13-2016, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post
I would say it is the inability of that certain dealer, not Mazda as a whole. Have you tried taking it to another Mazda dealer in your area or is this the only one?
There are other dealers to which I can take it (Seattle), just none as convenient as the one from which I bought it. If the situation isn't fixed this time, I'm not sure I want to bother with any more attempts but will consider my options. Of course, I'm hoping the A/C gets its permanent fix this time because I enjoy most everything else about the car.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD in Dynamic Blue + Roof Rails
post #8 of 25 Old 05-13-2016, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Garage
If they still can't fix it you have every right to demand a full refund, or a new CX-3 with the same exact specs.
Eric Wahl likes this.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #9 of 25 Old 05-14-2016, 02:19 AM

Update:

My dealer has let me know they'll need to keep the car for up to 2 weeks. The car needs an evaporator, and according to the dealer, there are 59 on order from Japan by folks in our region (PNW, I guess), so I'm on the wait list. I asked if they'd have to remove the dashboard to perform the fix, but the head service guy said all the work to be done is done from the passenger's side of the dash area via the glove-box area. Mazda has yet to release a TSB about this, although they're clearly aware. Fingers crossed.

2016 CX-3 GT AWD in Dynamic Blue + Roof Rails
post #10 of 25 Old 05-14-2016, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hopefully it only takes 2-weeks. My dealer realistically expects it to be the end of May before the replacement evaporator arrives, so I'll be without my car for about 2-months. At least it's nice to know that I'm not alone. Sucks for dealers since there is so much labor involved and warranty work pays so little.

I hope your service guy is right about accessing the evaporator through the glove box. Mine said the dash has to be removed and the it's a 15-20 hour job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Wahl View Post
My dealer has let me know they'll need to keep the car for up to 2 weeks. The car needs an evaporator, and according to the dealer, there are 59 on order from Japan by folks in our region (PNW, I guess), so I'm on the wait list. I asked if they'd have to remove the dashboard to perform the fix, but the head service guy said all the work to be done is done from the passenger's side of the dash area via the glove-box area. Mazda has yet to release a TSB about this, although they're clearly aware. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Eric Sample; 05-14-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Tags
a/c , air , cold , noise

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode