User Tag List

27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 118 Old 08-21-2015, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Roof racks and fairings

Hello, I am in the market for a CX-3. I will be test driving one today and potentially get one this weekend. I need to compare it first hand to the CX-5. Little worried about it being cramped.

Anyways, i won't buy a car that doesn't have an OEM system for a roof rack. from what i can tell there are no rails available on the CX-3 like there is on the CX-5 (bummer because it would look good). Is the OEM rack available yet in the US? Also, for anyone who has looked into this; does Yakima or Thule make a rack for the CX-3 that utilizes the gutter or native rack mounts (not sure what the CX-3 has for mounting built in). I refuse to ever put a third party rack on my car that has one of those ugly mounts that hooks down into the door.

I thought this would be a good place to start talking about roof racks for those interested.

For those owners out there, if you can share info on the mountings available, and the racks currently available that would be great. Don't be shy about posting pics. I will if i go through with this.

Toodles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 Old 08-21-2015, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, there IS an OEM roof rack system available. It is installed as a "port accessory" in the US market. Your dealer can tell you more.

https://www.google.com/search?espv=2...x2dmI0#imgrc=_
post #3 of 118 Old 08-21-2015, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage
I haven't heard of anything myself, but I am interested in any news out there. Would love to be able to put our bikes or snowboards on the roof so we can rip to the mountains.

post #4 of 118 Old 08-21-2015, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage
Been doing some searching. Found some at this link:

Fit My Car | Rhino-Rack
post #5 of 118 Old 08-21-2015, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

So i test drove the Meteor Gray and put a down payment on the Ceramic Metallic. I prefer the black interior and have too many scratches on my current darker car I have. Hopefully one of the local dealers they call in the AM are cool and trade the Ceramic Metallic for the Meteor Gray.

The dealer wasn't sure but he thought that all the accessories available on the CX-5 would be available on the CX-3. I would be pumped for a rail system in black. I plan on blacking out all my badges; i like the "white" car with black trim look.

I'll post some pics when i get a rack.

The Google link above shows mostly CX-5's; i've been there many times.
post #6 of 118 Old 08-21-2015, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Personally I think a roof rack on the cx3 would look stupid...
mainemanx likes this.
post #7 of 118 Old 08-21-2015, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

I love the look of roof racks on almost all autos. I do a lot of outdoor stuff and I got a AWD so i can ski more easily. Not to mention I plan on getting a bullet carrier for the roof. Otherwise you have the storage of a backpack with that trunk.
post #8 of 118 Old 08-22-2015, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Never been skiing
post #9 of 118 Old 08-22-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

There is no way i'd get a CX-3 over a 3 Hatchback if i didn't live in an area that got snow.

2016 CX-3 AWD GT - Ceramic Metallic
post #10 of 118 Old 08-22-2015, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Today, I checked with a local dealership asking if they had a glossy CX-3 accessories brochure. They said no, they didn’t have it. They have a CX-3 glossy sales brochure but not a CX-3 accessories brochure. The glossy sales brochure shows SOME but not ALL of the available CX-3 accessories. An accessories brochure shows ALL the accessories for a particular model. Mazda has a separate accessories brochure for their other models, the CX-5 and CX-9 but they don’t have one for the CX-3. At least not yet.

And don’t confuse accessories with options. Options have to be installed by the factory because of the higher degree of complexity needed to install them. Examples of options include a sun roof and leather seats. An accessory is easier to install and can be done by either yourself or the dealer. Examples of accessories include mud flaps, cargo liner mats, front end protectors, carpeted floor mats, etc.

And even if a brochure states that a particular accessory is available, you still have to cross check it with Mazda’s web site to be sure. Brochures are printed before a vehicle goes into production. A glossy brochure may not reflect last minute production line changes. It’s usually small minor things that get changed. For example, I have a Nissan 300ZX. Brochure says a cargo area lamp was standard equipment on my car, a 300ZX turbo model but it wasn’t. So you have to check mazdausa’s web site. An auto maker’s web site reflects what is most up to date. Because the CX-3 is a brand new model, all the accessories that we’ve come to expect may not be available right now.

Concerning aftermarket accessory manufacturers of roof racks like Thule and Yakima. Because the car is so new, a roof rack may not be currently available. Check yourself with Thule and Yakima.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode