User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-16-2017, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
How's everybody's AC working????

Got pretty roasty the last few days here in Toronto and I'm happy to say that the AC in the CX-3 works pretty damn good unlike the air in my SX4.

I have an appointment at my friend's shop for him to check out the Suzuki and I'm hoping that the air will work decent in my car afterwards while the GF's Mazda is good (hopefully it'll stay that way based on some people's issues I've read here about air in their CX-3).

Nothing can beat my old Sentra SE AC, that car was 16 years old and the air is frigid cold all these years.................only needed a recharge twice in it's lifetime and 1 condenser pipe replaced, even the Mazda air can't touch the freezing temps of the Nissan AC system.

That's the only thing I missed on the Sentra when I sold it last year after getting the Mazda.

Tony

T. Chan
17 CX-3 GS AWD
10 Suzuki SX4 6sp AWD
09 Z06
13 GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-16-2017, 06:47 PM

Location: Chicago, IL, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milkyway, Universe
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
Very well. Much better than the asthmatic nerd blowing over a tray of ice cubes in my RX-8.

It's been 90+ F for the last week and I have no complaints.

2005 RX-8 Sport Sunlight Silver under Cone Rash (because racecar!)
2016 CX-3 GT iAS AWD, Soul Red Metallic on black

Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.
-Tim Minchin.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-16-2017, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
No complaints but I will admit even in the nineties I don't use it much....now my wife is another story if I don't turn it on she raps the back of my head till I turn it on.

post #4 of 13 Old 06-16-2017, 09:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
For the first two days in my new updated Mazda Cx3 it is perfect
post #5 of 13 Old 06-17-2017, 02:30 PM
gus

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
A/C what's that? I only have African A/C - windows down, the A/C has not worked since October, had the evaporator changed with a new modified one , condensor and control panel changed, now on back order for a another but this time modified condensor due mid July

CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather
http://images.spritmonitor.de/715724_42.png
post #6 of 13 Old 06-19-2017, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Garage
It's been incredibly hot here the past few days (90's), and I don't know if the CX-3 is a heat magnet or if the A/C simply doesn't get cold enough, but if there's even a bit of sunshine it is super hot inside. The A/C on the coldest setting can barely keep up. I even have tinted windows that supposedly block some heat from getting in but I simply don't understand why the car gets so hot.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #7 of 13 Old 06-19-2017, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseman85 View Post
It's been incredibly hot here the past few days (90's), and I don't know if the CX-3 is a heat magnet or if the A/C simply doesn't get cold enough, but if there's even a bit of sunshine it is super hot inside. The A/C on the coldest setting can barely keep up. I even have tinted windows that supposedly block some heat from getting in but I simply don't understand why the car gets so hot.
Been in the high 80's here in my part of the UK the last few days and my recently replaced under warranty faulty condenser module (located behind the front bumper in UK lingo) means the air con is now working great - fingers crossed! Your problem could be faulty condenser related - check out the link to this Mazda worldwide technical service bulletin :-

http://www.cx3forums.co.uk/download/file.php?id=387

There have been plenty of owners in the UK who've had the condenser replaced under warranty in the last 6 months or more. There are also to a lesser extent potential problems with the control unit and evaporator module both (?) inside the car.

2016 Sport Nav 2.0 Petrol Automatic Arctic White plus options
post #8 of 13 Old 06-20-2017, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Garage
Hmm, maybe I'll take it in to have it looked at. But the A/C does get very cold in a shaded area, its usually when the sun is directly blasting the car that the A/C can't seem to keep up. I don't understand that.

2016 Mazda CX-3 GT in Deep Crystal Blue on Parchment
post #9 of 13 Old 06-20-2017, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
A/C what's that? I only have African A/C - windows down, the A/C has not worked since October, had the evaporator changed with a new modified one , condensor and control panel changed, now on back order for a another but this time modified condensor due mid July
I've had the same issue with mine. Mazda knows there is an issue, they have developed a new part for it.

Local mazda ordered my part about a month ago, received it and they said Mazda just sent them the same part again so they wouldn't install it (they knew they were constantly breaking, didn't want to install it, have in break, then need to order another one). The new part finally came in, it gets installed in a week. I'll keep you all posted
post #10 of 13 Old 06-20-2017, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Garage
There are three potential issues with the CX-3. Any or all of them can effect each car.

Currently CX5 SportNav 2.2 diesel automatic and AWD.
Formerly CX3 SportNav 1.5 diesel automatic and AWD.

All advice is given in good spirit and taken entirely at the readers own risk. WORK SAFELY. 2016 anchorman

.........and another thing"

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode